Intel® ISA Extensions
Use hardware-based isolation and memory encryption to provide more code protection in your solutions.

where can i find the whole instruction set of sandybridge?

Lin_W_1
Beginner

Hi

I got a "invalid opcode" exception when I used "invd" instruction to invalidate all the caches without flushing cache data to memory on Sandybridge.

I doubt that when "invd" is supported on Sandybridge, where can I find a spec of the whole instructions set of sandybridge?

or anyone has the similiar exprience as me, and could give me some help and suggestions?

Thanks very much

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Bernard
Valued Contributor I
Please consult Intel processor manuals.
0 Kudos
Thomas_W_Intel
Employee
The Intel® 64 and IA-32 Architectures Software Developer Manuals can be found here: http://www.intel.de/content/www/us/en/processors/architectures-software-developer-manuals.html The instruction set reference is in Volume 2. "invd" is supported from Intel486 onwards. However, it is a privileged instruction. Maybe this is the issue that you are running into.
0 Kudos
Bernard
Valued Contributor I
Lin W. wrote:

Hi

I got a "invalid opcode" exception when I used "invd" instruction to invalidate all the caches without flushing cache data to memory on Sandybridge.

I doubt that when "invd" is supported on Sandybridge, where can I find a spec of the whole instructions set of sandybridge?

or anyone has the similiar exprience as me, and could give me some help and suggestions?

Thanks very much

Is your code compiled and used as a WDM kernel mode driver?
0 Kudos