Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.
6704 Discussions

BUG* LoadLibrary() cannot load a DLL built from IPP G729 on AMD Opteron but works fine on Intel

redduzt
Beginner

Hello,

I have two machines, one with Intel Xeon 5160 and another one with AMD Opteron 8218.

I installed my application making use of IPP G729 library on both machines but the results are totally different.

On Intel processor, my DLL built from IPP G729 library can be loaded properly; however, on AMD processor, the LoadLibrary windows function call just hangs forever when trying to start my application.

Does anyone know any known limitations for CPU specific or does it have anything to do with compiler options?

Regards,

Redduzt

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee

Hello,

Do you mean you have problem with IPP speech coding sample when you run it on different systems?

The only limitation I may imagine is supported instruction set. For example, You will not be able to run SSE3 code on processor which do not support these instructions. In IPP we solve that with dynamic processor feature detection and dispatching processor specific libraries.

Regards,
Vladimir

0 Kudos
redduzt
Beginner

Hi Vladimir,

Thanks for your reply. I would say yes for I have a problem when running on different systems.

Do you mean the IPP library for G729 requires SSE3 to be running?

The AMD I'm using claims SSE3 support though.

Do you happen to know besides SSE3 what else the IPP library requires?

Regards,

Redduzt

0 Kudos
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee

Hi Redduzt,

Intel IPP should work on any processor which is 100% compatible with IA.

Just want to clarify, you face issue when run unmodified IPP samplecompiledby build scripts which come with that sample? If so, please submit your issue report through Intel Premier Support. If you did some modification in sample I would recommend to double check if there are any mistakes.

Regards,
Vladimir

0 Kudos