Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

Building IPP Samples - CMake issue

BRIAN_F_Intel1
Employee

Hi, 

I'm trying to build the IPP Samples, with command 

perl build.pl --cmake=speech-codecs,ia32,make,s,st,debug --build --comp=intel

and am getting some cmake errors. 

Currently running on Debian (kernel 2.6.32) with CMake 2.8.10.1. 

Console output is attached. Has anyone had any CMake errors like this?

Brian

0 Kudos
4 Replies
SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II
>>I'm trying to build the IPP Samples... ...on Debian (kernel 2.6.32) with CMake 2.8.10.1... >>... >>CMake Error: Could not open file for write in copy operation /CMakeCCompiler.cmake.tmp >>CMake Error: : System Error: Permission denied >>... This is access rights related issue on your computer and it is not related to IPP.
0 Kudos
SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II
>>CMake Error at /usr/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/CMakeTestCCompiler.cmake:36 (TRY_COMPILE): >> Unknown extension ".c" for file >> >> /media/shared/ipp_samples/ipp-samples.7.1.1.013/__cmake/speech-codecs. >>ia32.make.s.st.debug/CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp/testCCompiler.c >> >> try_compile() works only for enabled languages. Currently these are: >> >> C CXX There is a strange contrudiction since 'testCCompiler.c' is the C-language file. Could you check a line 36 in the 'cmake' file?
0 Kudos
BRIAN_F_Intel1
Employee
Sergey Kostrov wrote:

>>CMake Error at /usr/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/CMakeTestCCompiler.cmake:36 (TRY_COMPILE):
>> Unknown extension ".c" for file
>>
>> /media/shared/ipp_samples/ipp-samples.7.1.1.013/__cmake/speech-codecs.ia32.make.s.st.debug/CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp/testCCompiler.c
>>
>> try_compile() works only for enabled languages. Currently these are:
>>
>> C CXX

There is a strange contrudiction since 'testCCompiler.c' is the C-language file. Could you check a line 36 in the 'cmake' file?

Hi Sergey, I have just (in the last hour) solved this issue. The first issue was user rights as you pointed out. Then I solved the cmake issues but completely uninstalling cmake from my system, then building and installing the latest cmake source. I am now in the process of trying to build the usc_speech_codec binary with static linking...
0 Kudos
SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II
Hi, >>I have just (in the last hour) solved this issue. The first issue was user rights as you pointed out. Then I solved the cmake issues but >>completely uninstalling cmake from my system, then building and installing the latest cmake source. Thanks for the update.
0 Kudos