Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

Color conversion RGBToLUV and BGRToLab

howardzzh
Beginner

Hi,

This is my first timepostinghere and Iwant to first saythank you to the Intel folks for the hard work you guys have put in the IPP library. I have been usingit forthe past two years and absolutely loved it.

Ihave a questionabout the color conversion in IPP 5.2.While I was trying toconvert my images to CIE LUVand Lab color space,I found that the function names are different: RGBToLUV and BGRToLab, respectively. Does that mean if I have a 24-bit RGB/BGR image, I have to convert it to the corresponding RGB order first in order to use these two functions. So far, all my images are stored in BGR format internally, does that mean I can directly call BGRToLab, but need to convert them to RGB order first in order to use RGBToLUV. If this is not the case and IPP handles things internally, then I am a bit curious as to why these functionsuse two different naming conventions.Thank you for your time.

Best Regards

Howard

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee

Hi Howard,

We do not have function for theRGB to Lab convertion,case BGR to Lab was created due to special request. Please submit request for RGB to Lab convertion asfeature request toIntel Premier Support so we can consider it at the next version planning stage.

Regards,
Vladimir

0 Kudos