Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

Compare the quaility of image result of ippiResizeCenter and ippiSqrResizePixel

Pham_Minh_N_
Beginner

Hi every one,

I am writing project in IPP 7.0. I need to resize and shift image. I found two functions that can respond my requirement, they are:

- ippiResizeCenter function

- ippiResizeSqrPixel function

After trying to use these functions, the output result between these two functions are different.

I wonder, which function can give the better quality for resizing image ? Which function should I use to resize and shift image ?

And I also would like to know the reason for selecting

Hope you can help me answer these questions. 

Thanks,

NhanPM

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Tamer_Assad
Innovator

Hi Pham,

I suggest you measure the performance and the output quality of both functions:

Calculate the time taken by each function.

Compare the PSNR of both products.

Best regards,

Tamer

0 Kudos
Valentin_K_Intel
Employee

Hi Pham,

The main difference between ResizeCenter and ResizeSqrPixel scaling approaches is that the first one uses the "point" pixel model, while the second one uses the "square" pixel model. So ResizeCenter considers a pixel as a point without size, assuming that image pixels are equidistant from each other. While ResizeSqrPixel considers an image as a set of "square" pixels, where pixels are placed closely.

Thus ResizeCenter resizes a number of "distances" between image pixels, while ResizeSqrPixel resizes a number of "square" pixels. For example, if we 2x increase 4x4 image, in the first case for image width = 4 we have 3 distances and applying scale=2 we will have 6 distances and 7 pixels output while for the second approach we will have 8 pixels. Most likely this is the reason of differences between output images of the functions ResizeSqrPixel and ResizeCenter.

Best regards,
Valentin

0 Kudos
cuong_n_
Beginner

Trong ipp 5.3 thì bạn có thể dùng hàm ippiResizeShift, mình ko biết ippp 7.0 có hàm đó ko
you can use ippiResizeShift in ipp 5.3. But im not sure if ipp 7.0 have this function

0 Kudos