Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

Compatibility

Dirk_S_
Beginner
I use IPP since 3.0. There was always a setup for redristibuting. Just copying the needed DLLs for the target. Do I no have to copy all the DLLs from the redist directory to the win/system32 of the target machine. I have to do this by remote all over the world and do not want to try this.

Second, I have to take care of your libiomp5md.dll. I have not linked against this DLL. How to remove it, and the other non-IPP DLLs? I use my own threading, and used ippSetNumThreads(1) all the years. Using IPP in other threads was sometimes very slow without disabling the IPP-threading.

What is the most compatible way of using IPP 7?

Please do not send me to pages with long explanations, just explain the most easiest way.
And please, go back to the PDF docs. The HTMLs are slow, not well organized and bad to read.

Many thanks for your help.
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Ying_H_Intel
Employee
Hello Schaefer,

Historical wheelseems advanced a little ahead :).

For easiest way, you may try to build your own dll, my.dll based on IPP serial static library (ipp*_l.lib).
Then it is not neededto copy all DLLs to targets machine. and the dll don't need libiomp5* library too.

One custom dll build sample are in
ipp-samples\advanced-usage\linkage\customdll.

Best Wishes,
Ying H.
0 Kudos
Dirk_S_
Beginner
Hello Ying,

many thanks for your help. OK, copying the DLLs to /system32 is easier.

0 Kudos