Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

Controlling number of threads since ippSetNumThreads is deprecated

Mohammad_Ashraful_An

Hi,

Since ippSetNumThreads seems to be deprecated in IPP 8.0, I am wondering how I go about controllin the number of threads my program uses? Basically I want it to run it in 1 core/thread only irrespective of the number of cores available.

Also the error message VS gives now is:

1>something.cpp(59): error C4996: 'ippSetNumThreads': is deprecated. This function is obsolete and will be removed in one of the future IPP releases. Use the following link for details: http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/intel-ipp-71-deprecated-features/

But if you go to the link it says 'ippSetNumThreads' is not deprecated (probably since it points to the IPP 7.1 deprecated page instead of 8?).

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Igor_A_Intel
Employee

Hi,

this function is deprecated together with all internal IPP threading. This function will be removed (is planned to be removed) in the nearest future together with IPP threaded libraries - only single threaded libraries will be available with APIs friendly for external threading (for example by means of TBB) + examples how to thread IPP functions externally.

regards, Igor

0 Kudos