Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.
6704 Discussions

DPD200267469 Incorrect decode of YCC444 JPEG with restart marker

Bill_Moon
Beginner
I'd like more information on this bug fix, please. Our application does JPEG decoding with restart markers
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Chao_Y_Intel

Hello,

We noticed one bug when handling one restart marker image. It happens on In the file src\io\uic_io\src\membuffin.cpp, at at line ~ 58

Change : if(m_currpos + offset >= m_buflen || m_currpos + offset < 0)
To: if(m_currpos + offset > m_buflen || m_currpos + offset < 0)

This was fixed in the latest release.

Thanks,
Chao

0 Kudos
Thomas_Jensen1
Beginner
You write this was fixed in the latest relase. Do you mean w_ipp-samples_p_7.0.7.064.zip? In this package, membuffin.cpp does not have the above fix.

0 Kudos
Sergey_K_Intel
Employee
Thomas,
You are right. That fix haven't been copied from development branch to release branch. Sorry.
Bill, could you update your source file manually and look if this solves your issue?
If not, please provide us with more details or sample file.
Regards,
Sergey
0 Kudos
Thomas_Jensen1
Beginner
I have put in the fix manually.

However, I get a feeling that many of the other IPP 7 Update 7 documented fixes are actually not in the samples download. You see, I always do a file-by-file comparison between releases of the ipp samples, and I only found very few changes.

Please check...
0 Kudos
Bill_Moon
Beginner
Hi,

After looking into this, I believe that someone on my team was the one who submitted the bug report (#654054) for this. We received the patch for this problem back in 12/2011.
I'm concerned that your release process allows a bug to bemarkedas fixed, without a verification that it actually was fixed. It makes me wonder what else was put in the release notes, without actually being there.
0 Kudos
Chao_Y_Intel

Hello Bill,

It was a mistake that the CQ was put into the bug fix list. The fix is planned to add into the future release. Sorry for the confusion here. Meanwhile, we are internally checking the process, soit could provide more accurate fix list.

As Sergey suggested, it still needs to manually change some source code for the fix on the IPP 7.0.7 at this moment.

Thanks,
Chao

0 Kudos