Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

Difficulties building custom dll

joe-tavares
Beginner
I am running Visual Studio 2005 and I am having problems running nmake to build a custom dll using IPP 5. I have successfully done this with VS 6 but now that I have upgraded toVS 2005and I need to add to my custom dll I am having difficulties.
When I type NMAKE the error I get is
makefile(15) : fatal error U1050: DllName is not defined. Check if tools.ini exists.
tools.ini does indeed exist and is in the directory I am running nmake in. I am certain it is something simple, seems like when you touch something only once every 6 months or so you forget almost everything about it.
thanks,
-joe-
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee

Hi Joe,

I've just try it under VS2005 and was able to reproduce that issue. Please submit your issue report to Intel Premier Support

I modified Makefile and customdll.mak to explicitely include tools.ini (tools.ini itself requires modification to be makefile friendly). With these modifications I was able to build customdll sample in following conditions:

-create VS2005 environment in console by running vcvars32.bat script (actually I did call of this script from additional script which also run nmake)
-add IPP environment by set IPPROOT to point to IPP install folder
-run nmake

For you reference I've attached modified files

Regards,
Vladimir

0 Kudos