Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

Does IPP support MS GSM 6.10

sweepang
Beginner

Hi,

I downloaded the latest IPP library, v5.3. As for speech codecs, does it support MS GSM 6.10? I built the sample speech codec app, usc_speech_codec, that came with the library. first, i ran the encoder, it seems like the IPP GSMFR output produces pure 260 bit frames. Then, i ran the decoder, it is working fine.

However, if i try to decode MS GSM 6.10(i guess the format is different than standard GSM 6.10 file) file with the sample app, the decoder fails.

can someone help me?

thx

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Naveen_G_Intel
Employee
Quoting - sweepang

Hi,

I downloaded the latest IPP library, v5.3. As for speech codecs, does it support MS GSM 6.10? I built the sample speech codec app, usc_speech_codec, that came with the library. first, i ran the encoder, it seems like the IPP GSMFR output produces pure 260 bit frames. Then, i ran the decoder, it is working fine.

However, if i try to decode MS GSM 6.10(i guess the format is different than standard GSM 6.10 file) file with the sample app, the decoder fails.

can someone help me?

thx

Hi,

As we mentioned in IPP speech codec sample code, IPP supports variety RTP payloads formats in compliance with following standards including ETSI GSM 06.10-06.12, 06.31-06.32, 06.90-06.94 specifications.

I am not sure is there any difference between MS GSM 6.10 with ETSI standard.

Please download latest version of IPP sample and let me know if you have any issue sin using it.

http://www3.intel.com/cd/software/products/asmo-na/eng/302910.htm

Regards,

Naveen Gv

0 Kudos