Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

DxVideoRender presentation time

Pavel_Vanek
Beginner
Hello,
I have two problems with rendering video from rtsp stream. I'm using live555 rtsp client with IPP H264Decoder and DxVideoRender.

a) First problem is that every time I render video with DxVideoRender in windows 7 aero automaticly turns off, is this normal behavior? Can I fix that?

b) Second problem is bigger issue for me, I'm filling H264Decoder with H264 frames that I recieve via RTSP butI often get some old frame and so the video is jumping to past. Is there any way to reorder surfaces in VideoRender (with some caching delay)? Can I remove old surface from renderer display list?

Thank you very much for your help.

Best regards Ivan Roubicek
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Chao_Y_Intel

Hello,

For the questions a): The DX render code are writing with the old Window release, we noticed one problem with the Aero is on in the Windows 7. So aero is disabled in the sample code.

For b), is this the rendering problem, or decoding problem? Does the decoder provide the video stream in the correct display order? I the

Thanks,
Chao

0 Kudos
Pavel_Vanek
Beginner

Do you plan to fix windows 7 aero problem?

Best regards Ivan

0 Kudos
Pavel_Vanek
Beginner
Hello,
so I've tried to implement ffmpeg and SDL video render on my current rtsp implementation and it works perfectly. I believe I don't use H264VideoDecoder with DxVideoRender correctly. According to documentation I'm quite confused because I should:

1) LockInputBuffer
2) GetFrame
2)GetRenderFrame
3) RenderFrame
4) UnlockInputBuffer

I also don't see anywhere specified when should I call decoder GetFrame and how to react on NOT_ENOUGH_DATA status with render.

So when I call methods in this order (all in the same thread):
1) render.LockInputBuffer
2) decoder.GetFrame
3) render.GetRenderFrame
4) render.RenderFrame
5) render.UnlockInputBuffer

Every h264 stream that I play got flashbacks (*)alot. So I've tried to mix order a little and when I call methods in this order:

1) render.LockInputBuffer
2) render.UnlockInputBuffer
3) render.GetRenderFrame
4) render.RenderFrame
5) decoder.GetFrame

Some of my h264 stream (even full hd video) plays correctly. But the cameras that I'm implementing RTSP for (BASLER BIP-1300c and BOSCH NBC-265-P) got flashbacks(*) or is not displayed correctly at all.

SPS header of correctly played video (full hd 264 video streamed through Live555 MediaServer):
Z2QAKKzZQHgGWwEQAAA+kAALuAjxgxlg,aOvssiw=

SPSheader of not correctly played video (BOSCH NBC-265-P):
Z00AKI2NKAoAt2AgEA==,aO48gA==

*Video framesare not played in correct order by this I mean that I see old frames in video a lot.

Thank you for your help.
Best regardsIvan
0 Kudos
Pavel_Vanek
Beginner
Nobody? :(
0 Kudos
Pavel_Vanek
Beginner

I forget to say that decoder gives me frames in correct order if I'm not using VideoRender.

0 Kudos
Pavel_V_Intel
Employee
Good day.

You can see example of render usage in smiple_player sample.

>I also don't see anywhere specified when should I call decoder GetFrame and how to react on NOT_ENOUGH_DATA status with render.

Render returns NOT_ENOUGH_DATA if it have not any frame in internal memory. So you need to call rendering after surface unlocking or wait for decoder in case of separate thread.

Generally use should have something like this for each complete frame:

[cpp] pRender->LockInputBuffer(pDataOut); // lock internal render memory for complete frame do { if(!pDataIn && pDataIn->GetDataSize() < 4) // check for eos { do { status = pSplitter->GetNextData(pDataIn, 0); // get input data from splitter } while(status == UMC_ERR_NOT_ENOUGH_DATA); if(status == UMC_ERR_END_OF_STREAM) pDataIn = NULL; // pass null to decoder on eos to get buffered frames else if(status != UMC_OK) // exit on error break; } status = pDecoder->GetFrame(pDataIn, pDataOut); // try to decode frame } while(pDataIn && status == UMC_ERR_NOT_ENOUGH_DATA); // loop until we have complete frame or eos or error pRender->UnLockInputBuffer(pDataOut); // unlock internal render memory pRender->GetRenderFrame(&fFrameTime); // check frame availability and time stamp, use this for synchronization if you have multiple threads pRender->RenderFrame(); // actual rendering [/cpp]
0 Kudos