Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.
6704 Discussions

Error -213 While Calling ippiFilterBorderInit_64f

amini__roham
Beginner

Greetings,

this is my first post in this forum so please bear with me. While exploring the FilterBorder family of functions, I used ippRndFinancial round mode with ippiFilterBorderInit_64f. However it returned error -213. My question is can ippRndFinancial be used with ippiFilterBorderInit_64f (the documentation did not mention anything regarding this)? Attached is my Test.cpp file.

Thanks

• OS Windows 10 Pro (64-bit)
  • Compilers and Libraries 2019.5.281
  • Microsoft Visual Studio Professional 2019
0 Kudos
7 Replies
Gennady_F_Intel

thanks for the issue, we will check. Did you check if you see the same issue with ippRndZero or other modes?

0 Kudos
amini__roham
Beginner

Dear Gennady,

Yes i tried all rounding modes. Same error with ippRndZero.  However,the function executed successfully with ippRndNear.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Gennady_F_Intel

thanks, we will investigate the cause of the issue and keep you informed with the status.

0 Kudos
Gennady_F_Intel

ipptypes.h defines status of this operations: ippStsRoundModeNotSupportedErr    -213 /* Rounding mode is not supported. */

What kind of rounding mode do you need for supporting this function? 

0 Kudos
Pavel_B_Intel1
Employee

Hello,

thanks for reporting, yes, it is the problem in the IPP documentation and in the ippi.h header file. Actually this function supports only the ippRndNear mode. We will correct documentation. If you need supporting other round modes please submit an official request through https://supporttickets.intel.com/

Pavel

0 Kudos
amini__roham
Beginner

Dear Pavel and Gennady,

thanks for your replies. I decided to use ippRndNear rounding mode. While exploring the FilterBorder family of functions, I also observed that each kernel data type only supports certain image data types as shown below.

kernel data type    supported image data types

ipp16s                   ipp8u, ipp16u, ipp16s

ipp32f               ipp8u, ipp16u, ipp16s, ipp32f

ipp64f                              ipp64f

Wrong combination of kernel data type and image data type results in error -59 (ippStsDataTypeErr). If this is indeed the correct behavior for this family of functions, I was unable to find any documentation about it as well. (as a suggestion, this information could be added to the documentation for the sake of completeness.)

thanks

0 Kudos
Pavel_B_Intel1
Employee

This should help you: https://software.intel.com/en-us/ipp-dev-reference-filterborder

Pavel

0 Kudos