Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

Error installing IPP 7.1 threaded libraries

Jonathan_M_Intel
Employee

Longtime IPP user, upgraded recently to 7.1, and now attempting to install the standalone threaded library package on Windows, and get this error:

You must first install Intel(R) IPP 7.1.1.119 on Intel(R) 64 before installing Intel(R) IPP threaded static libraries on Intel(R) 64.

The version of IPP I have is from the latest Intel Parallel Studio release, and I've tried reinstalling, repairing, and re-downloading both the 32 and 64 installers.  How can I proceed with installing the static libraries?

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Gennady_F_Intel

Jonathan, by another words, you have already installed version IPP 7.1.update 1 (7.1.1119 ) on your system and then tried to install 
w_ccompxe_threaded_static_ipp_7.1.1.119.zip  - you got this message?

0 Kudos
SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II
>>...How can I proceed with installing the static libraries?.. My question is do you mean static threaded libraries?
0 Kudos
Jonathan_M_Intel
Employee

Gennady - That's correct.

Sergey - Also correct.  

0 Kudos
Nikolay_L_Intel
Employee

Hello, Jonathan,

IPP threaded static libraries depend on the base IPP package. This message warns you that the installer can’t detect the base version of IPP on Intel(R) 64 installed to your machine.

Could you kindly make sure that IPP 7.1.update 1 (7.1.119) installed to your machine has the Intel(R) 64 component? How to check it:

1)     Please run the IPP installer again (or go to the modify mode), move to the tool selection dialog, and visually validate that the Intel(R) 64 component is selected.

2)     Please go to the installation location and make sure the folder <product_location>/ipp/lib/intel64 exists

If the Intel(R) 64 component is missed, please install it, and then try to install IPP threaded static libraries. Please reply here if it does not help. I will monitor this topic.

Thank you, - Nikolay

0 Kudos
Jonathan_M_Intel
Employee

Updating here with a fix that I got internally here at Intel:

When you open the w_ccompxe_threaded_static_ipp_7.1.1.119.zip package, it gives you the option of where to unpack the temporary files.  You should uncheck the box that offers to remove the files when the installation is complete, and after it gives the error I described originally, you can find that directory and unzip the .cab file you'll find there.  In that package are the ipp_t.lib files, which you can copy to your IPP root.  

Now I just need to find out how to disable the Visual Studio errors so that I can use the integrated settings panel instead of pointing directly to the libs.  

0 Kudos
SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II
>>...Now I just need to find out how to disable the Visual Studio errors... What VS errors do you mean? I've read all your posts and I don't see any references and please clarify. Thanks.
0 Kudos
Adrian_Edmonds1
Beginner

Well I have exactly the same problem. I tried your workaround, found all the missing library files  and now my test app has unresolved externals. I have raised this issue with premier support and after a wekk, getting nowhere fast.

Edit:  I fixed the unreolved externals. It links runs and works. Thanks Jonathan T. You're a star.

0 Kudos
Sergey_K_Intel
Employee

Hi Adrian,

Could you please provide me with a couple of unresolved external names you see in your application build? What if some library missed from linker command line?

Regards,
Sergey 

0 Kudos
Adrian_Edmonds1
Beginner

See above post. The missing externals were three mkl libs.

0 Kudos