Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

Exporting an IPP application

apolo74
Beginner
Hi again,
I've managed to create a threaded version of the library that includes all IPP functions that I'm using in my application, let's call it "myIPP.so". I went to a different computer (which doesn't have IPP libraries installed) to see if I can run my application there and I get the following warnings:
/usr/bin/ld: warning: libiomp5.so, needed by /pathto/myLibs/libs/libippFuncs.so, not found (try using -rpath or -rpath-link)
/usr/bin/ld: warning: libimf.so, needed by /pathto/myLibs/libs/libippFuncs.so, not found (try using -rpath or -rpath-link)
/usr/bin/ld: warning: libsvml.so, needed by /pathto/myLibs/libs/libippFuncs.so, not found (try using -rpath or -rpath-link)
/usr/bin/ld: warning: libintlc.so.5, needed by /pathto/myLibs/libs/libippFuncs.so, not found (try using -rpath or -rpath-link)

Am I supposed to copy and distribute together with my application and "myIPP.so" the other libraries as well??? libiomp5.so, libimf.so, libsvml.so and libintlc.so. Thanks for any guidance,
Boris
PS: To generate "myIPP.so" I used the "ipp-samples > advanced-usage > linkage > customso" example.
0 Kudos
1 Reply
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee
Hello Boris,

Yes, you need to distribute those other SO files, also. Those additional SO files are not part of the IPP library, they are support libraries required as the result of the OpenMP multi-threading that is used within the IPP library and to provide some other support libraries that result from the fact that the IPP library is compiled with the Intel compiler.

These files are okay to be distributed with your application and, in this case, are required to make your application work.

Paul
0 Kudos