Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.
6709 Discussions

Failed to decode standard H.264 stream with IPP

Arthur1
Beginner

We have one H.264 IP camera, we can decode its stream with FFmpeg, but when decode with intel IPP, it have some problem.

IPP can decode some of its frame, but not all. The error is always from this part of code (**** is the line have problem)
if (color_format)
{
// Get chroma prediction mode
LONG s = sd->m_pBitStream->m_pbs[0];
LONG nOffset = sd->m_pBitStream->m_bitOffset;
****sd->m_cur_mb.LocalMacroblockInfo->IntraTypes.intra_chroma_mode = (Ipp8u) sd->m_pBitStream->GetVLCElement(false);
if (sd->m_cur_mb.LocalMacroblockInfo->IntraTypes.intra_chroma_mode > 3)
****throw h264_exception(UMC_ERR_INVALID_STREAM);
}

Anyone have similiar problem?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Arthur1
Beginner
More details:
I amusing IPP ver6.0.1.070, and sample code versionis 6.0.0.127.

I try to submit itto premier support, but failed to do so even I am registerd used and has valid user and password.

0 Kudos
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee
Thanks for reporting on that issue and providing test stream. We will investigate this issue and update you on results.

Regards,
Vladimir
0 Kudos
arthur2
Beginner
Sorry for late reply. I submited this issue to Premier support lately.

The problem turns out is because of my stream. The stream have some problem (not complete in last macroblock in some frames).

When decode with FFmpeg, we did not notice the problem because FFmpeg have concealment feature, it can decode all the frames. But with command line mode, there is a lot of error reported.

In IPP, it can not deal with this error, so the whole frame is skipped. The intel plan to deal with this in futre.

Anyway, I am very satisfied with the explanation and the support I received .

Thanks
0 Kudos