Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

Feature Request

detlef_stralaudynami
Hallo,

i would be nice, also getting the pid description inUMC::AudioStreamInfo, for exapmle PID = 1023, description= "MEPG(German)" , PID = 1024, descrption ="MPEG(english)" and so one.

Best Regards,

Detlef
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Ying_H_Intel
Employee
Hello detlef,

The PID should be come from MPEG standard,the header ofTransport stream (TS) packetsinclude such information.

For example, somesescription like
the PID is 13-bit value used to identify multi-plexed packets with mpeg2-TS.

most of decoder of TSshould can read such information or set it during produce a TS.

Best Regards,
Ying
0 Kudos
detlef_stralaudynami
Sorry, maybe my feature request was descripted not enougth. I mean this structure:
typedefstructsAudioStreamInfo:publicStreamInfo
{
sAudioStreamInfo()
:channels(0),sample_frequency(0),bitrate(0),bitPerSample(0),duration(0.0),stream_type(UNDEF_AUDIO)
,stream_subtype(UNDEF_AUDIO_SUBTYPE),channel_mask(0),streamPID(0),is_protected(false),header(0)
{
}

Ipp32schannels;//(Ipp32s)numberofaudiochannels
Ipp32ssample_frequency;//(Ipp32s)samplerateinHz
Ipp32ubitrate;//(Ipp32u)bitstreaminbps
Ipp32ubitPerSample;//(Ipp32u)0ifcompressed

Ipp64fduration;//(Ipp64f)durationofthestream

AudioStreamTypestream_type;//(AudioStreamType)generaltypeofstream
AudioStreamSubTypestream_subtype;//(AudioStreamSubType)minortypeofstream

Ipp32uchannel_mask;//(Ipp32u)channelmask
Ipp32ustreamPID;//(Ipp32u)uniqueID

vm_char stream_description[MAX_PATH];        The description of the StreamPID, for exapmle"english AC3"
boolis_protected;//audioisencrypted Ipp32uheader;//(Ipp32u)cancarryaudioheader(4-bytes) }AudioStreamInfo; I think, this additional information can found in the pmt.
Best Regards
Detlef

0 Kudos
Pavel_V_Intel
Employee
I can add the language code to AudioStreamInfo, but creation of description lines is an application-level task.
0 Kudos
detlef_stralaudynami
thx a lot,will bevery useful,

best regards

Detlef
0 Kudos
detlef_stralaudynami
Will this feature implemented (additional language code)in the next release?

Best regards

Detlef
0 Kudos
Ying_H_Intel
Employee

Hi Detlef,

Thanks for the asking. No,the feature is not in the next release. May be in next after next. I recorded the request in IPP feature request database. You will get notify when it is avaiable in some version.

Best Regards,
Ying H.

0 Kudos