Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

Fixed-Accuracy Arithmetic Functions

constantine-vassilev

From the Fixed-Accuracy Arithmetic Functions listed in Vol 1/Signal Processing/Chapter 12 I do not see multiplication, addition and subtraction - do I miss something?

Also I suppose Ipp32f notation which generally means floating point, to be interpred as fixed point in the context of Fixed-Accuracy Arithmetic Functions. Am I correct?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
gol
Beginner

those operations are so basic that it would surely be less efficient to achieve less accuracy, there would be no point

0 Kudos
gol
Beginner

Also, no it's not fixed point, but floating point. Those functions are functions that eat a lot of CPU but can be approximated with less accuracy for less CPU, that's why they are there. Even though there are native instructions to divide, it's still a very slow process, whilethe CPU can do several multiplications per cycle, hence nothing to speed up here.

0 Kudos
constantine-vassilev
Quoting - gol

Also, no it's not fixed point, but floating point. Those functions are functions that eat a lot of CPU but can be approximated with less accuracy for less CPU, that's why they are there. Even though there are native instructions to divide, it's still a very slow process, whilethe CPU can do several multiplications per cycle, hence nothing to speed up here.

looking at their header files I see all oprations, obviously documentation is not full.

0 Kudos
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee

Hello,

all IPP fnctions should be listed in documentation. Could you please point to which function you did not find reference in IPP manual?

Regards,
Vladimir

0 Kudos