Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.
6704 Discussions

H.264 - at least one optimized deblock function is incorrect

registered_user
Beginner
I'm on Penryn (P9500), hence _p8_ownFilterDeblockingChroma_HorEdge_H264_8u_C1IR_V8 is used, which gives different result compared to both JM and unoptimized IPP version. (both 6.0 and latest 6.1 upd1)

Bug is committed to premier support - posting here just to let others know, that output of H.264 encoder/decoder in 4:2:2 mode is corrupted for chroma on Core 2/Xeon5100 series and higher.
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee

Thanks for informing here. When you link with IPP static libraries you may choose to dispatchCore2 optimized code (V8 libraries) instead of Core i7 optimized code where you discover the issue (P8). You may dispatch processor specific code with ippStaticInitCpu call.

Regards,
Vladimir

0 Kudos
j_miles
Beginner

Has this issue been fixed? And if so, when will it be available? I assume that the issue exists in the latest 6.1-1 as well...

- Jay
0 Kudos
j_miles
Beginner
Quoting - j_miles

Has this issue been fixed? And if so, when will it be available? I assume that the issue exists in the latest 6.1-1 as well...

- Jay
Bump!
Any news - has it been fixed? I noticed an update 2 (6.1-2) available now...

- Jay
0 Kudos
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee
Hi Jay,

I think it should be fixed in the latest update. Sorry, can't provide exact answer right now (do not have the issue number to check with data base).

Regards,
Vladimir

0 Kudos
j_miles
Beginner
Hi Jay,

I think it should be fixed in the latest update. Sorry, can't provide exact answer right now (do not have the issue number to check with data base).

Regards,
Vladimir

Hi Vladimir,

Thanks. I would really appreciate that you double-checked the database.

- Jay
0 Kudos