Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

H264 video codec

ghodinic
Beginner
Hello!

I've got a question regarding the H264 video codec: is it or is it not RFC 3984 compliant? (I intend to use it in RTP video streaming. ) Thanks.
0 Kudos
6 Replies
onlytomer
Beginner

does this codec suppose to support interlaced stream decoding ?

as i see it has2 problems, one with streaming (start decoding the video for the middle of the stream), and one with working with interlaced stream (there are many remarks in the sources about fields support, lots of TBDs).

is there a newer version ? did any one changed the sources (completed the work ?) so it could work ?

0 Kudos
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee

Hi,

the question is a bit incorrect. Codec implements some particular coding algorithm, and you can use it to do streaming with using any appropriate standard, for example, RFC3984. We do not provide sample how to add RFC support to H.264 codec, so you need to do it by yourself.

Regards,
Vladimir

0 Kudos
onlytomer
Beginner
vladimir,
thanks for your answer. it is very clear, but does not answer my question.
I have 2 problems using the decoder (to decode an 1080i stream), the first it the decoder reference frames initialization - which i thikn i solved. the second is the creation of RefPicList for fields mode.
is there a newer version with correction for the RefPicList creation ?
are those the only problems the codec has while supporting 1080i decoding ?
thanks,
Tomer
0 Kudos
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee

Hi Tomer,

Yes, we've introduced field suport in IPP v5.1 beta, unfortunately, beta period is over, so now you can wait until IPP v5.1 final release. It is expected somewhere at the end of Q2 this year.

Regards,
Vladimir

0 Kudos
onlytomer
Beginner
vladimir,
is there any way to get the ipp v5.1 beta (even if it's only the media sample ?).
I really need it to work.
thanks,
Tomer
0 Kudos
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee

Tomer,

if you hold valid IPP v5.0 license, I believe, you can contact with Intel Premier Support for information if it still possible to get IPP v5.1 samples.

Regards,
Vladimir

0 Kudos