Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

How can I get the speech-codecs example

gregor_h_
Beginner

Hi,

in order to integrate IPP codes into PJSIP (Windows), I need to have the speech-codecs example, which was part of older versions of IPP (5-7).

To have access to these versions, I licensed Intel Parallel Studio XE 2016 Composer and downloaded several version, including IPP 6 or 7.

But they only include other examples, not the sppech-codecs examples.

So, how can I get this?

Kind regards

Gregor

0 Kudos
14 Replies
Ying_H_Intel
Employee

Hi Gregor, 

These are legacy IPP sample, and they are not supported now. If you just want to get the from old release. Please login into our registration center:

https://registrationcenter.intel.com, and select the old release to download.

Best Regards,

Ying 

0 Kudos
gregor_h_
Beginner

Hi Ying,

thanks for your answer; but what you suggest is what I already did:

I downloaded and installed several older versions, e.g. w_compxe_ia32_2001.13.371 and w_cproipp_ia32_p_6.1.072, but with the examples included in these packages I can't find the speech-codecs example, but only things like Image Proocessing, Signal Processing, String Processing.

Kind Regards,

Gregor

0 Kudos
Ying_H_Intel
Employee

Hi Gregor,

I see the problem,  the  product  w_compxe_ia32_2011 (Parallel Studio XE Composer Edition) doesn't  include the speech codec sample in the download page, only stand alone IPP product has such link.

I write a private message to you about the sample download link. You may try them. with latest Composer version, for example, sample 8.0 with Parallel Studio XE Composer Edition 2013 SP1 etc.  .

Best Regards,

Ying

0 Kudos
Dionisie_D_
Beginner

Hi Ying,

I have the same issue as Gregor H. - need IPP codec samples for integration to PJSIP 2.5.1

Could you help me please?

Thank you in advance,

Dionisie D.

0 Kudos
muhammed_o_
Beginner

Hi,

I have the same issue too. I need old version of ipp but i cant donwload with my account. Also I need samples too. Can you offer me?

Thyank you.

0 Kudos
Dionisie_D_
Beginner

Does this forum thread is alive?

0 Kudos
Ying_H_Intel
Employee

Hi Dionisie, 

As IPP speech codec was deprecated for a while. The thread is supposed to be closed. and no further IPP Speech codec info available for current version. 

But these are legacy IPP sample, and they are not supported now. If you just want to get the from old release. Please login into our registration center:

https://registrationcenter.intel.com, and select the old release (8.0) to download. You should be able to download them.

Best Regards,

Ying 

0 Kudos
Dionisie_D_
Beginner

Hi Ying,

Thank you for your answer.

But following your link, I have access only for 2017 Initial Release and 2017 update 1 version, maybe is limited by my subscription?
Version 8.0 is not available.

Could you help me with link to relevant version?

0 Kudos
Ying_H_Intel
Employee

Hi Dionisie,

Right maybe you haven't old version license, you may send your account name by private message, I can check this. and I can send the link of sample by private message to you. But you still need to access the old IPP main package. 

Best Regards

Ying  

0 Kudos
kopernik_w_
Beginner

Hi Ying,

I have the same issue as Dionisie. - need IPP codec samples for integration to PJSIP 2.6

Could you help me please?

Thank you in advance,

0 Kudos
Chason_D_
Beginner

echo this topic.

Where can we get the USC codec library or source code? Thanks.

0 Kudos
kopernik_w_
Beginner

https://trac.pjsip.org/repos/wiki/Intel_IPP_Codecs#LinuxInstructions

1. Download and install IPP and IPP samples

2. The build process produces the following:

• (for IPP v5.3) libusc.a file somewhere under speech-codecs/bin directory, e.g. ipp-samples/speech-codecs/bin/linux32_gcc3/lib directory.
  • (for IPP v6.x) libspeech.a file somewhere under speech-codecs/_bin directory, e.g. ipp-samples/speech-codecs/_bin/linuxem64t_gcc4/lib directory.

Chason Du wrote:

echo this topic.

Where can we get the USC codec library or source code? Thanks.

0 Kudos
Chason_D_
Beginner

@kopernik wang, thanks for your response:)

Yes, I have got the source code of speech-codecs example.

I have another question that whether speech-codecs would not be developed or maintained by Intel?

Because from the latest IPP release (2017 Update 2), I cannot find the speech-codecs library.

And, the legacy library is the last speech-codecs library from IPP 9.0 release.

The codec USC also stop at IPP 8.2 release. There is no more other codec USC like EVS. 

0 Kudos
Dionisie_D_
Beginner

Does someone succeed to compile pjsip 2.6 with IPP samples-codec?
During running command: sudo ./configure --enable-ipp  --with-ipp=$IPPROOT --with-ipp-samples=$IPPSAMPLES --with-ipp-arch=intel64

I got error:

checking Intel IPP usability... aconfigure: error: in `/home/administrator/pjproject2.6/pjproject-2.6':
aconfigure: error: Error: unable to recognize your IPP installation. Make sure the paths and ARCH suffix are set correctly, run with --help for more info
See `config.log' for more details IPP7_ARCH = intel64; ac_pwd = /home/administrator/pjproject2.6/pjproject-2.6

Someone has any ideas?

PS: I'm using IPP version 8.

0 Kudos