Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.
6704 Discussions

How do I build a 64-bit binary with IPP 4.1?

tez
Beginner
I have been posting my 32 bit application to win64 using the Visual Studio 2005 compiler running on 32 bit Windows 2003. I'm confused about how to link with the correct 64 bit IPP libraries. I've installed the EMT64 version and run the ippenvem64t.bat batch file to set up the enviornment variables, however, the bin directory for EMT64 does not contain the libs I linked against for win32 ippi20.lib ipps20.lib.
I would be grateful if someone would walk me through the steps to build a 64 bit binary on win32 or point me to the right document.
TIA
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee
Hi,
I assume you want to build your application for Windows on EM64T (not for Windows on Itanium, which usually called as Win64).
Sothe question is why IPP v5.0 does not contain ippi20.lib libraries?
-this is because in v5.0 we changed IPP dispatcher DLLs name and behaviour. NowIPP dispatcher will look for processor specific DLLs in the same folder where dispatcher itself is located (before v5.0 they were looked at ipp20 subfolder).
I recommend you to read more technical information about IPP, there are a lot of useful links on IPP main page,
Regards,
Vladimir
0 Kudos
tez
Beginner

Thanks for the response Vladimir. I'm not targeting Itanium, I want to build 64 bit executables to run on processors with EMT64 running WindowsXP 64 bit edition or Windows 2003 64 bit edition.

One point of clarification, can I build EMT64 64-bit binaries using IPP 4.1 or do I need 5.0?

0 Kudos
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee

You can start with IPP v4.1, it was the first version which supports EM64T. Of course, in the next version you can expect more optimization and more functionality, but it is ok to use IPP v4.1 for your EM64T applications.

Vladimir

0 Kudos