Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

How to: attach file to forum post

Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee

Hello community,

with new IPP forum engine introduced recently the procedure of attachment files to forum post has changed. This post is an attempt to provide kind of story in pictures to explain how you can attach files to your post on this forum.

You usually start at writing your message and you see editor screen like on attahed picture (screen1.jpg). Notice 'Add files' tab (rounded by colored circle on this screenshot)

After you click 'Add files' tab you will get add files dialog, which first require from you to create folder (on server). Note, you may have several folder. See screenshot file screen2.jpg

On the next screenshot (file screen3.jpg) you may see two folders, 'my attachments' and '123' I've created.

Now you need to add (upload) files to folder. Click 'Edit' button (rounded by red cicrcle on previous screenshot (screen3.jpg) to see file upload dialog, where you will need to specify yourfile name on local computer which will be uploaded to server. Click 'upload' button to do it (rounded by red circle on the next screenshot, file screen4.jpg)

After file uploaded to server you will see its name and available action. Refer to the next screenshot, file screen5.jpg. At this moment you have created your own folder on server and uploaded your content into this folder.
Note, the file is not attachedto post yet. To attach file just click on file name (it is rounded by red circle on screenshot srceen5.jpg) and you will see 'Add files' dialog with available options.
You may add file directly to message body (work for pictures for example) by click 'Add to Editor' button, rounded by green circle on the next screenshot (file screen6.jpg)
or
you may add file as attachment, by click 'Add as Attachment' button (rounded by red circle on screenshot). In that case link to the file will be added in message body.
After you click 'Add as attachment' button you will see your file attached to your message as a link (see the next screenshot, file screen7.jpg).
Hope this helps.

Good luck..

Regards,
Vladimir

0 Kudos
2 Replies
turks
Beginner
Quoting - Vladimir Dudnik

Hello community,

with new IPP forum engine introduced recently the procedure of attachment files to forum post has changed. This post is an attempt to provide kind of story in pictures to explain how you can attach files to your post on this forum.

You usually start at writing your message and you see editor screen like on attahed picture (screen1.jpg). Notice 'Add files' tab (rounded by colored circle on this screenshot)

After you click 'Add files' tab you will get add files dialog, which first require from you to create folder (on server). Note, you may have several folder. See screenshot file screen2.jpg

On the next screenshot (file screen3.jpg) you may see two folders, 'my attachments' and '123' I've created.

Now you need to add (upload) files to folder. Click 'Edit' button (rounded by red cicrcle on previous screenshot (screen3.jpg) to see file upload dialog, where you will need to specify yourfile name on local computer which will be uploaded to server. Click 'upload' button to do it (rounded by red circle on the next screenshot, file screen4.jpg)

After file uploaded to server you will see its name and available action. Refer to the next screenshot, file screen5.jpg. At this moment you have created your own folder on server and uploaded your content into this folder.
Note, the file is not attachedto post yet. To attach file just click on file name (it is rounded by red circle on screenshot srceen5.jpg) and you will see 'Add files' dialog with available options.
You may add file directly to message body (work for pictures for example) by click 'Add to Editor' button, rounded by green circle on the next screenshot (file screen6.jpg)
or
you may add file as attachment, by click 'Add as Attachment' button (rounded by red circle on screenshot). In that case link to the file will be added in message body.
After you click 'Add as attachment' button you will see your file attached to your message as a link (see the next screenshot, file screen7.jpg).
Hope this helps.

Good luck..

Regards,
Vladimir

Hello Vladmir,

I cannot create a new discussion from my machine. When I hit the submit button, I end up with a blank web page
and my browser URL ishttp://software.intel.com/en-us/rfadmin/forums/save_topic.php. I have tried IE, Firefox and
Google Chrome and the behavior is the same for all three browsers. I am running on Vista. I also tried replying to
existing threads and that works fine ! Do you have any ideas ? Who running the web site can help ?
0 Kudos
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee

Hm, that's strange. You may try to email about problem by 'Contact us' link at the bottom of IPP Forum page.

Vladimir
0 Kudos