Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

How to set timing_info_present_flag

vardar
Beginner
Hello all,
I am trying to encode into H264 from a real time MPEG4 stream. I am pretty sure that 30 frames encoded at each second.But frame rate is shown as 15 always when playing with simple player.
When trying to play real time MPEG4 stream with simpleplayer, it says that frame rate is 0.00

it is advised to me to set timing_info_present_flagto 1 on initialization.

But I don't have any idea about how to do that. I could not find any params like that inH264EncoderParams class. AndGetSeqParamSet function is returning const object.
I'll appreciate any help to solve this issue.

Thanks in advance,
victor
0 Kudos
3 Replies
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee
Hello Victor,

I did a scan of the files in the audio... samples (which is mostlythe UMC sample) and found these references to the flag about which you are inquiring. These are the results:

codec\h264_dec\include\umc_h264_dec_defs_dec.h:
Ipp8u timing_info_present_flag;
codec\h264_dec\src\umc_h264_dec_bitstream.cpp:
sps->timing_info_present_flag = (Ipp8u) Get1Bit();
codec\h264_dec\src\umc_h264_dec_bitstream.cpp:
if( sps->timing_info_present_flag ) {
codec\h264_enc\include\umc_h264_bs_tmpl.cpp.h:
H264ENC_MAKE_NAME_BS(PutBit)(state, seq_parms.vui_parameters.timing_info_present_flag );
codec\h264_enc\include\umc_h264_bs_tmpl.cpp.h:
if(seq_parms.vui_parameters.timing_info_present_flag){
codec\h264_enc\include\umc_h264_video_encoder.h:
Ipp8u timing_info_present_flag;
io\media_buffers\src\umc_frame_constructor.cpp:
if (bs.GetBit()) // timing_info_present_flag

I'm not very knowledgable regarding the internals of the UMC framework, so I am providing you this short list in the hopes that it will help you find what you are looking for.

Regards,

Paul
0 Kudos
vardar
Beginner
Hello Paul,
thanks for your advice. I tried to change the value atumc_h264_bs_tmpl.cpp.h but I could not. Since the value is constant object.
I am really stuck at this frame rate problem.
I will be appreciated if you can direct this question to any of the developers.
Regards,
-victor
0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee
Victor,

Many updates and corrections have been implemented to the UMC sample in the 7.0.3 release and the upcoming 7.0.4 release. The 7.0.4 update should be available in the next two weeks. Please give these newer versions a try, they may address your issue.

Regards,

Paul
0 Kudos