Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

How to upgrade to 7.1 Update 1

soumit_m_
Beginner

Hello All,

I need to upgrade current IPP (linux) 7.0.6 to 7.1u1. how to find it ? I tried to contact the sales team (using the online form) but no reply. Any help will be highly appreciable.

Regards,

Soumit

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Chao_Y_Intel

Hi Soumit,

IPP 7.1 is some old release, which is not support.  Do you have any problem if you update to the new IPP 8.2 release?

Regards,
Chao

0 Kudos
soumit_m_
Beginner

Thanks Chao,

The following page 

https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/intel-ipp-supported-versions says 7.1 is supported.  Actually with 7.1 minimal changes. With 8.2 lot of changes are required.

Regards,

Soumit

0 Kudos
Chao_Y_Intel

Soumit,

Thanks for point to the article. That was an old article. We will update or archive it.  For IPP 8.2,  which domain functions are used ?  A few less used function was depreciated, and we hope it will only little impact for the users.  could you let us know your feedback if you think it has major impact for you?

Thanks,
Chao 

0 Kudos
soumit_m_
Beginner

Hello Chao,

We are using signal processing libs (FIR, IIR , resize) , speech(g722/g723/mp3/amr)  , audio and video(H263/mp4/h264) codecs in our product. Are these going to be changed ?  

do we need to use Intel Media server studio ? Is the IMSS code more opmizied ? I see they have included VP9 and HEVC? Are these codecs are also optimized for Intel platform? 

Regards,

Soumit

0 Kudos
Chao_Y_Intel

Soumit,

For signal processing, speech codec, they are available in the currently release.  The speech codec sample code is the legacy code.

For the Codec part (H.264, Mp4), I would recommend to the check Intel Media server studio. It includes additional GPU optimization, and Intel IPP is do not have much effort on this domain.

Thanks,

Chao

0 Kudos