Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.
6708 Discussions

Huge size of exe after using ippiResizeSqrPixel_8u_C3R

Almaz_Gaifullin
Beginner
I'm use windows IPP 7.0.6.300, static compilation with VS2010, after usingippiResizeSqrPixel_8u_C3R executable size increase from 800Kb to 6Mb,this's catastrophic size.
Why you write such monstrosity functions it's unusable in our projects, why you don't split them to more small ones, not every interpolation methods in one.
Or it's problems with VS2010 compiler ?
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Jeffrey_M_Intel1
Employee

Thank you for submitting this issue.Iunderstand your concern about executable size increase.Other IPP imagefunctions do not produce executables of this size.We will look into this and get back to you.

Best regards,

Jeff

0 Kudos
Jeffrey_M_Intel1
Employee

This function's size isdue to the large number of interpolation options, whichare chosen at runtime in the current implementation.We are actively working on a solution to this problem. Please watch for updates as new releases are posted. Here is the bug tracking number for your reference: DPD200160820.

In the meantime, others have used ippiResize as a temporary workaround. Please note that this function is deprecated. It is not an ideal fix, and it still has a relatively large footprint, butI'm mentioning it in the hope that this might help you fityour size goal while we work on a better long-term solution.

Best regards,

Jeff

0 Kudos
Ying_H_Intel
Employee
Hi Almaz,

I'm glad to notify you that IPP 7.1 beta is availble now. As it's release notes mention, we introduce new ipp Resize functions, Which provide
  • Separate functions for each interpolation method.
  • Significantly smaller executable size footprint with static linking.

• There is about 20x size reduction in some of resize functions. Would you like to try it?

You can register the beta program at http://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/showthread.php?t=106105&o=a&s=lrand let me know if these new functions can meet your request?

Best Regards,
    Ying

0 Kudos