Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.
6709 Discussions

I want to create a .flv/.f4v/any video file from jpeg/.bmp files.

scnfriend
Beginner
Can anyone please tell me:
1. Can I use to create .flv video using IPP?
If yes, then How?
If no, then what should I do to create a video stream from a series of images?
If no for flv but I can create any other video files then tell me which one and how?

One more thing is important to me: I want to read the images from video fileand write images to video files at same time. Is there any library which supports simultanious read write to a video file?

SachinS
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee

Hello,

we do not support FLV/F4V format in IPP, but for H.264, MPEG4, MPEG2 (and some othars) you may take a look at IPP media samples.

Regards,
Vladimir
0 Kudos
scnfriend
Beginner

Hello,

we do not support FLV/F4V format in IPP, but for H.264, MPEG4, MPEG2 (and some othars) you may take a look at IPP media samples.

Regards,
Vladimir

Thanks Vladimir.

I went through IPP samples but these samples are not like Microsoft Samples which can be understand easily. I read the help document also but could not understand what these functions are actualy doing. I have a simple question will I be albe to create a MPEG4 video files by just giving jpeg/bmp images as input, by only using IPP library? Do you have any idea about IPP sample code other then provided by intel (I just want to learn how to start with IPP)?

SachinS
0 Kudos
Chao_Y_Intel
Hello,

Here some simple code snippet that creates MPEG4 video file with IPP UMC sample code:
http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/getting-started-with-intel-ipp-unified-media-classes-sample/

The sample code takes YUV data as input. So you need to "decode" the YUV data first from JPEG/BMP file . You can refer to IPP UIC sample code.

thanks,
Chao

0 Kudos
scnfriend
Beginner
Quoting - Chao Y (Intel)
Hello,

Here some simple code snippet that creates MPEG4 video file with IPP UMC sample code:
http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/getting-started-with-intel-ipp-unified-media-classes-sample/

The sample code takes YUV data as input. So you need to "decode" the YUV data first from JPEG/BMP file . You can refer to IPP UIC sample code.

thanks,
Chao

Thanks Chao, I will try this.
0 Kudos