Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

IPP 4.0 and Visual Basic 6.0

collin_wilson
Beginner
Can I use the IPP 4.0 libraries with Visual Basic 6.0 ? (Remember SPL 4.5 worked with Visual Basic 6.0).A Class or BasicModulewould be nice!!
**Note: I already writen c/c++ wrapper dll'susing exported stdcalls as a work around. But would preferdirect calling.
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Ying_S_Intel
Employee

Dear Customer,

With the Intel IPP 4.0, we provide several samples to assist with development using various software languages and development environments, those samples include C#*, C++, Delphi*, Kylix and Visual Basic*. NET.

So you maycheck the sample for VB.NET interface to see if it can helpyou to use Intel IPP4.0in VB6.0 or VB.NET.

To getthose samples and other samples, you need to have an access tothe product "Intel IPP for Windows* under https://premier.intel.com . If you don't have access or no account of this premier support service, you can go to http://www.intel.com/software/products/ipp and complete the product registrations by either purchase or evaluate the IPP 4.0.

Hope it helps.
Thanks,
Ying
Intel IPP

0 Kudos
whitneyj
Beginner
I have two questions on this same topic:
1) I don't know VB.NET...are there any detailed instructions on how to use IPP 4.X in my VB6 application?
2) I am currently using an old library, Intel Signal Processing Library v4.5), in my application...specifically nspdCrossCorr contained in nsp.dll...will I gain any performance advantages by using IPP 4.X?
0 Kudos
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee
Hi,
To use IPP within VB 6.0 you need write interface file, like you have for old library, SPL. We do not provide IPP sample for VB 6.0
Moving to the new libraries definetely will bring you some benefits, like support of newest Intel processor's features (SSE3, HT, ...) as well as support new Intel architectures, EM64T, Itanium
Regards,
Vladimir
0 Kudos
whitneyj
Beginner
Is there any information out there on how to write the interface file you speak of? I'm not even sure what DLLs I would need to reference...and then how to write the interface around them. If I want to use the CrossCorr and AutoCorr functions in the Signal Processing library how would I go about integrating them?
0 Kudos
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee
Hi, what the specific thing do you find for IPP? You can look at SPL VB interface and do something similar for IPP. As I said before, unfortunately, we do not provide VB 6.0 sample for IPP.
Regards,
Vladimir
0 Kudos