Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

IPP 5.0 for IXP: VFP problem

elzhov
Beginner
Hi there,

I have installed IPP 5.0 for bith ia32 and IXP, and trying to build application that makes use of IPP 5.0 samples. The application has been built under ia32, and is working perfectly. However, under IXP I succeeded to compile all files, but then got the liknage error:

/opt/OLO-Alpha3L.04/host/olo_gpl/gcc-3.4.4-glibc-2.3.5/arm-linux/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-linux/3.4.4/../../../../arm-linux/bin/ld:
ERROR: /opt/intel/ipp/5.0/ixp/lib/le/libippdcsx.a(pdcvlcdecode.o) uses VFP instructions, whereas grab_enc_con does not

grab_enc_con is my simple application for tesing H263 codec codec provided by IPP samples.

I used the native GCC 3.4 for building under ia32, and arm-linux-gcc, patched by Intel, for ARM target

What should I do to resolve that problem? Thanks!
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee

Hi,

According IPP for IXP release notes (you can find it in IPP/doc folder):

A supported C compiler (Intel IPP has been tested with the following):
iwmmxt_le-gcc (MontaVista*) for little endian applications
xscale_be-gcc (MontaVista*) for big endian applications

Regards,
Vladimir

0 Kudos
elzhov
Beginner
Vladimir,

thanks for you reply.

I succeeded to compile binaries with VFP soft emulation. But, all libraries (including libc, of course!) on my XScale platform uses FPA emulation, so I can not run my application now.

I had no such problem with IPP v4.1, because that IPP version used just FPA emulation. Do you know, why FPA emulation has been replaced with VFP one in the 5.0 version? And, are there now a way to get application using IPP v5.0 working on my XScale platform?

Much thanks!
0 Kudos
hongling_meng
Beginner
hello,I met the same problem with you.How do you resovle the VFP error problem?and at last do you successfully use ipp 5.0 on your platform?
0 Kudos
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee

Did you use Montavista toolchains?

Vladimir

0 Kudos