Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

IPP 5.1 vm build failed

sherrychai
Beginner

Hi I'm a new user of IPP. I'm aware of IPP5.3, but for certain reasons I'm stucked with 5.1 for now... so I hope my problem can be solved without upgrading to 5.3.

I'm trying to build the media sample but running "build32.bat cl7". Everything passed except for "vm", which I believe led to build of applications failed. In another words, everything build successfully EXCEPT for the following:

******* vm : FAILED

******* audio_codecs : FAILED
******* virtual_ac_5p1 : FAILED
******* umc_video_enc_con : FAILED
******* umc_reverb_demo : FAILED
******* simple_player : FAILED
******* audio_codec_con_so : FAILED

The vm.log file shows the following error:

C:Program Files\Microsoft SDKsWindowsv6.0Aincludews2def.h(206) : error C2011: 'sockaddr' : 'struct' type redefinition
C:Program Files\Microsoft SDKsWindowsv6.0Aincludewinsock.h(485) : see declaration of 'sockaddr'
C:Program Files\Microsoft SDKsWindowsv6.0Aincludews2def.h(384) : error C2059: syntax error : 'constant'C:Program Files\Microsoft SDKsWindowsv6.0Aincludews2def.h(577) : error C2011: 'sockaddr_in' : 'struct' type redefinition
C:Program Files\Microsoft SDKsWindowsv6.0Aincludewinsock.h(312) : see declaration of 'sockaddr_in'
C:Program Files\Microsoft SDKsWindowsv6.0Aincludewinsock2.h(132) : error C2011: 'fd_set' : 'struct' type redefinition

... etc.

It seems like all the errors are related to the files in C:Program Files\Microsoft SDKsWindowsv6.0Ainclude. Has anyone run into the same problem before??

I have DirectX 9.0 installed and I'm using Visual Studio 2008 Professional.

Thanks!!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee
Hello,
the issue with using old samples (by some reason) but with new environment (for example compiler) is that they were not tested withnew compilers which just did not exist at that time. I'd recommend you to consider upgrading to the latest IPP 6.0 version.
Regards,
Vladimir

0 Kudos