Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

IPP 6.0 zlib sample build problems

levicki
Valued Contributor I

Not the usual problems though. I can build the library but the problem is what gets included into it.

-defaultlib:"libmmd" -defaultlib:"MSVCRT" -defaultlib:"libirc" -defaultlib:"svml_disp" -defaultlib:"OLDNAMES"

Can you spot the problem here?

That's right, MSVCRT does not belong there because it conflicts with LIBCMT!

Why don't you people fix those makefiles already so that only the neccessary libs get included?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee

Hi Igor,

let me clarify the issue. So your point is that MSVCRT should not be included into the library in IPP zlib sample?

Regards,
Vladimir

0 Kudos
levicki
Valued Contributor I

Vladimir, I have a test project which links against ipp_zlib. That project is linked statically against CRT (/MT switch). I am seeing a conflict between MSVCRT which gets included by ipp_zlib, and LIBCMT which is used by the test project.

So basically I am saying that it would be nice to be able to also build ipp_zlib with LIBCMT instead of MSVCRT.

0 Kudos
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee

I see your point. Fortunately, ipp_zlib sample is available in sources, so you can tune it for your specific needs easely, right?

Regards,
Vladimir

0 Kudos
levicki
Valued Contributor I

Sure, I just thought that it would be nice to have an option for that in build batch files in next revision.

0 Kudos
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee

I see. You can submit your request to Intel Premier Support, so it will be revised for the next version of IPP sample.

Regards,
Vladimir

0 Kudos