Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

IPP 6.1.2.051-lp32 and OpenCV 2.2.0

aladore
Beginner
Hello,

I'm working on a face detection project. Actually, face detection works fine but it takes too many resource of the CPU. I would like optimise the detection, thus I (my company) buy IPP (not for the detection first). Unfortunately I've problem when I want to compile OpenCV 2.2.0 with IPP 6.1.2.051-lp32.

The error is:
[ 58%] Building CXX object modules/core/CMakeFiles/opencv_core.dir/src/system.o
Linking CXX shared library ../../lib/libopencv_core.so
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lipps_l
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [lib/libopencv_core.so.2.2.0] Error 1
make[1]: *** [modules/core/CMakeFiles/opencv_core.dir/all] Error 2

According to CMake, IPP is found:
-- Use IPP: /usr/local/stow/ipp-6.1.2.051-lp32/sharedlib

When I do a ls in /usr/local/stow/ipp-6.1.2.051-lp32/sharedlib I get:
libguide.so libippccpx.so.6.1 libippch.so.6.1 libippcvw7.so.6.1 libippdis8.so.6.1 libippgenw7.so.6.1 libippjs8.so.6.1 libippmw7.so.6.1 libippscs8.so.6.1 libippsr.so.6.1 libippvcs8.so.6.1 libippvmw7.so.6.1
libimf.so libippccs8.so libippchw7.so libippdcpx.so libippdi.so libippipx.so libippj.so libipprpx.so libippsc.so libippsrw7.so libippvc.so libirc.so
libiomp5.so libippccs8.so.6.1 libippchw7.so.6.1 libippdcpx.so.6.1 libippdi.so.6.1 libippipx.so.6.1 libippj.so.6.1 libipprpx.so.6.1 libippsc.so.6.1 libippsrw7.so.6.1 libippvc.so.6.1 libsvml.so
libippacpx.so libippcc.so libippcore.so libippdcs8.so libippdiw7.so libippis8.so libippjw7.so libipprs8.so
etc...

I've taken a patch of CMakeLists.txt on this forum, but it does not work since the name of the library are not the same as the version 7.0 (the path was for the version 7.0). Could someone help me to compile OpenCV with IPP please ?

Another question, does the performance with and without IPP for Face Detection with OpenCV very different ?

Best Regards,

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee
In OpenCV 2.2 IPP integration should work with IPP 6.1 library naming scheme without any patching. The patch on forum was provided to enable IPP 7.0 integration because of new library naming.

Additionally, in OpenCV trunk version, integration with IPP was improved, you may be interested to check this before OpenCV 2.3 release where these improvements will be published.

Regards,
Vladimir
0 Kudos