Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

IPP 7.0.1a static libraries

Mark_Rubelmann
Beginner
I'm glad to see the generic base libraries have made their way back into IPP but I'm a little puzzled about how to use the statically linked version. This is from the update notification email I just got:

"The generic dynamic library files will automatically integrate with the Intel IPP library dispatch mechanism; the generic static library files do not integrate with the Intel IPP dispatcher."

So how do we make sure our code will run on systems that require the generic library if we've statically linked IPP? Write our own dispatcher? That would kind of suck.

Thanks,
Mark
0 Kudos
23 Replies
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee
Please see this KB article for information regarding the px/mx generic library that was included with the IPP 7.0.4 release:

http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/generic-library-dispatching-with-the-ipp-70-library/
0 Kudos
Mark_Rubelmann
Beginner
Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeet! It's too bad they're still not handled by the built in dispatcher but I guess I'll take what I can get. Thanks!

-Mark
0 Kudos
Thomas_Jensen1
Beginner
I very happy Intel put back px_ / mx_ prefixes. Now I can again create a common interface, including PX.

They now only need to recompile with OpenMP !
0 Kudos