Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.
6708 Discussions

IPP 7.0 Beta :Why is IPP 7 installed in a different directory now

pschregle10
Beginner
Hi.

I'm confused. I've downloaded IPP 7 and installed it. The installation program displays as "Intel Composer XE 2011 for Windows beta".

I had expected that only IPP would have been installed.

I'm also not sure what this installation did to my installation of the Intel C++ compiler and to my installation of Parallel studio.

I've seen the comment on the introduction page that IPP 7 has been somehow merged to the C++ compiler. But why is it then called IPP 7? Very confusing. And why is the C++ compiler now called Parallel Studio XE?

Peter
0 Kudos
1 Reply
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee
Hello Peter,

Thanks for your feedback, I've forwarded it to the appropriate parties for consideration.

The library is now installed as a componentof the Compiler Pro product, even when it is installed standalone. This means that the installation builds a skeletal structure for the compiler even though you only installed IPP -- no compiler was installed, just some compiler common parts and the IPP library.

You do not need the compiler to use the ipp library.

Some of the names on the install dialog boxes and in the startup group are confusing, we're working to correct that.

Paul
0 Kudos