Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

IPP 7.1 and Fortran from Intel Parallel Studio XE 2011 questions

MZ2
New Contributor I

Our company has Intel Parallel Studio XE 2011 and uses fortran to develop our applications. We are considering whether to buy licenses for IPP 7.1 given that there are routines for vector cross-products and other possibly useful routines. Is IPP 7.1 and Intel Parallel Studio XE 2011/FORTRAN a compatible combination?

Also, I've searched the IPP forums and note that some people in the past have had difficulty getting IPP to link with fortran. Are there still issues linking with fortran?

Lastly, are there code examples that involve using IPP with fortran?

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II
>>...Is IPP 7.1 and Intel Parallel Studio XE 2011/FORTRAN a compatible combination? Yes. There are just two limitations: - 32-bit Fortran applications should use 32-bit IPP DLLs or Static libraries and - 64-bit Fortran applications should use 64-bit IPP DLLs or Static libraries >>...I've searched the IPP forums and note that some people in the past have had difficulty getting IPP to >>link with fortran. Are there still issues linking with fortran?.. Could you post links to these notes? >>...Lastly, are there code examples that involve using IPP with fortran?.. I just checked samples folder for Intel Parallel Studio XE 2013 Update 2 and I don't see any. There is a zip file MixedLanguage.zip with Fortran_Calls_C sample and take a look.
0 Kudos
MZ2
New Contributor I

Thanks for your reply, Sergey. My apologies for taking so long to get back to you.

The one post indicating difficulties that in getting IPP to link with FORTRAN that concerns me the most is this one - it is from 2011.

There are others that are much older, and, as such, they do not concern me that much. Here is a search link for them.

Thanks again.

0 Kudos
SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II
>>The one post indicating difficulties that in getting IPP to link with FORTRAN that concerns me the most is >>this one - it is from 2011. >> >>There are others that are much older, and, as such, they do not concern me that much. Here is a search link for them. I'll take a look at these two threads.
0 Kudos