Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.
6704 Discussions

IPP 8 removed Composer integration with VS2010

Scott_S_Intel2
Employee

In an effort to ensure that I had the latest IPP functionality, I installed 8.0 update 1. After installation, I no longer have any access to Composer via VS 2010. Why?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Scott_S_Intel2
Employee

I resolved this issue by re-installing Parallel Studio.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Gennady_F_Intel

could you clarify more details the problem: What version of Composer XE have you had installed on your system?  then did you installed the standalone version of IPP v.8.0.1? .

what do you mean by " I no longer have any access to Composer via VS 2010" ?

You don't use Intel compiler into your application or what?...

0 Kudos
Scott_S_Intel2
Employee

Under my Intel Software account I have Intel® Parallel Studio XE for Windows* listed with this version Version 2013 SP1 (Update 1 VS). I had previously installed Parallel Studio and all of its components which includes C++ Composer XE 2013. That means that I can select Composer as my compiler from the VS GUI. In my software account next to Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives for Windows*, I followed the link to "Download Latest Update" for Version 8.0 (update 1). I had hoped to avoid the larger full download of Parallel Studio. Following the IPP download and installation steps, I was unable to use Composer within VS. I could no longer select Composer from the VS GUI.

0 Kudos
Scott_S_Intel2
Employee

I resolved this issue by re-installing Parallel Studio.

0 Kudos