Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

IPP Image Legacy API Replacement

Prashanth_V_Intel

I am trying to replace the deprecated the IPP Legacy APIs present in IPP8.X version with latest ones, 

For example, the API of type ippiFilterSobelHoriz_XXX from IPP8.X has to be replaced with ippiFilterSobelHorizBorder_XXX according to the documention, but for these new API's we have an additional parameter of "IppiBorderType". Can  i know what bordertype should i set for the replacement of all deprecated API's ? Any guide explaining for all the deprecated APIs bordertype to be used ?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Shaojuan_Z_Intel
Employee

Hi Prashanth,

Here https://software.intel.com/en-us/node/504207 you may find more information about IppiBorderType which defines how to extend the pixels at image edges. There are several different kinds of border types that are supported in IPP. And depend on application, different border types would generate different results.

0 Kudos
Prashanth_V_Intel

Hi Shaojuan,

Thanks for the reply. I am aware of vaiour border types supported by IPP.

But i just wanted to know of what bordertype the IPP Library was using implicitly when using old API like ippiFilterSobelHoriz_XXX in IPP version 8.X library ? Any input related to that is highly apprecitated

0 Kudos
Chao_Y_Intel

Hi Prashanth,

The ippiFilterSobelHoriz function in the old release does not use any border extension.  It supposes the application should correctly define "additional" border pixels.  For example, for 3x3 filer, it will suppose the left, top, right and bottom of the image include one additional line data, and the application often needs to extend the image border data before call the function.
In the new release, it now provide some additional border function to make it the filter function more easier to use.

thanks,
Chao

0 Kudos