Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

IPP for QNX

kvardin
Beginner

Hi there,

I found that IPP was ported to QNX as static library.

We have an application under QNX where IPP will help us to boost the performance and will definitely need it.

Could you please provide some more information about the library. Is it supported under QNX and how to obtain it?

Best Regards,

Kostadin Vardin

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee

Hello,

We do not supportor test IPP on QNX system but we technically, IPPstatic not threaded libraries for Linux can be used on QNX system due to binary compatibility of object formats between these systems.

You may take a look on reports from some IPP customers who did try to use IPP static libraries for Linux on QNX:

IPP under QNX

OpenMP dependency for IPP 5.1?

Could you please also describe your target system parameters?

Please feel free to submit request for official support IPP on QNX to Intel Premier Support, that will be reviewed at the next version planning stage.

Regards,
Vladimir

0 Kudos
kvardin
Beginner

Hi Vladimir,

My understanding is we have to purchase IPP for Linux and to recompile it under QNX using the Intel Compiler for QNX. As long as we stick with static libraries we should be OK?!?

Our target system is Pentium M, eventually might migrate to dual core.

Regards,

0 Kudos
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee

Hello,

you don't have to recompile IPP libraries. Technically, it is possible to use Linux static libraries on QNX because of object format compatibility as long as no OS specific system calls used in it.We do not usesystem calls in IPP except CRT memory allocation routines.

You decide to purchase IPP for Linux or not, I just have to repeat that we do not support IPP on QNX and did not test it on QNX. There is no IPP for QNX product yet. If you are interested in that I would recommend you to submit your feature request to Intel Premier Support.

Note, there is option to register fornon commerciallicense for IPP for Linux if you work on non commercial product. The non commercial version of IPP for Linux is available for free and contains full optimization and functionality found in commercial version.

Regards,
Vladimir

0 Kudos
kvardin
Beginner

Hi Vladimir,

How to obtain the non - commercial version. I would like to test it and if satisfied will purchase them for the commercial product.

0 Kudos
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee

Usually you should start from www.intel.com, choose Products->Software->Performance Libraries->Intel Integrarted Performance Primitives->Free evaluation, on the bottom of this page find link Free Non-Commercial Software Development Products for Linux. Here we go.

You need to accept non-commercial development agreement and then you'll be able to download non-commercial Intel software products

http://www.intel.com/cd/software/products/asmo-na/eng/219771.htm

Regards,
Vladimir

0 Kudos
Arkadi
Beginner
I use static libraries from Linux IPP on FreeBSD for a non-commercial hobby project, both for x86 and x86_64. It works very well.
0 Kudos