Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.
6709 Discussions

IPP image wrapper class 'Image8u' for Visual Studio 2005 beta2 ??

mhe
Beginner
EDIT: I have also posted a similar question on customer support, but hope that someone else might know of the answer to this question...
I have purchased the book "How to Optimize Software Applications Using Intel IPP" from Intel Press.Along withthis book a bunch of wrapper classes for the IPP libraries are provided.
The problem is that this code is written for buildingwith Microsoft Visual C++ 6.0, which is *very* old by now. My developing environment is Visual Studio 2005 beta 2 and trying to build the libraries from here does not work.
So my question is: Does anyone know of ported versions of this code that they could point me to or give me simple instructions (is these exist) on how to build these libraries from VS 2005 b2?
Sincerely Martin.

Message Edited by mhe@bang-olufsen.dk on 06-17-2005 04:49 AM

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee
Hi Martin,
in IPP v5.0 beta samples we have sample for C++ interface (or wrappers) for IPP functions. It is not exactly the same code, but also might be useful.
Could you take a look on IPP v5.0 beta samples?
Regards,
Vladimir
0 Kudos
mhe
Beginner
Hi Vladimir,
Thanks for the reply. Sorry for my long delay in responding. Vacation...
I during the long wait for an answer to the question, I managed to find a workaround to make the mentioned wrapper classes compile using vs2005 b2.
I still might be interrested in looking at Ipp5.0 soon. When is it planned to go out of beta and into stable release?
Sincerely Martin.
0 Kudos
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee
Hi,
usually we do two releases of IPPinan year, it is something Q1..Q2 for beta and Q3..Q4 for release.
I should notice, that we are trying to maintain the good quality even in beta release. The main differences between beta and final release: we add new features in beta time frame andmore focused onoptimization in release time frame.
Regards,
Vladimir
0 Kudos
jud
Beginner
I am trying to get the ROI sample code to run. I am getting many errors pointing to Image8u being undefined and functions missing for ROI. I have the latest sample code and MSVC++. Can you assist? Thank you.

-JUD
0 Kudos
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee

Hello,

which exactly IPP smple you are trying to build?Are build script, coming with IPP sample, (build32.bat) work for you? What version of MSVC do you use?

Regards,
Vladimir

0 Kudos
jud
Beginner
I downloaded the sample ROI code from here on Feb 12, 2008:

http://www.intel.com/support/performancetools/libraries/ipp/sb/CS-020969.htm

I also downloaded the full IPP-Samples code on Feb 12, 2008.

I am using MSVC++ 6.0, but am trying to get upgraded to the latest version.

I have successfully built the j2kit sample code from the IPP-Samples, and that uses a build32.bat script. The ROI sample code does not have a build32.bat file with it.

My end goal is to be able to read in JPEG2000 images, extract a ROI, and save that extraction.

Thanks for your help.

-JUD

0 Kudos
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee

Hello,

I would recommend you to take a look on JPEGView sample where JPEG and JPEG2000 codecs are combined in GUI application, so it might be easier to see how images after JPEG2000 codec can be processed further.

Regards,
Vladimir

0 Kudos