Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

IPP produces error (0xc000007b) on Windows 7

howardzzh
Beginner
IPP produces error (0xc000007b) on Windows 7

Hi there,
I just installed Windows 7 on my workstation, and when I tried to port an existing VC++ project, I ran into an error that might be related to IPP. I could get the project to compile and link in visual studio, but when I tried to run it, I always got the following error "The application was unable tostart correctly (0xc000007b). Click OK to close the application." This error only seems to appear when I invoke IPP functions.

Since then, I tried various visual studio and IPP combinations, but to no avail. I even tried to reproduce the error and narrow down the culprit on my laptop. What I got was the exact same error. Here are the specs to both machines

1. Workstation
CPU: Intel i7 920
Visual studio: VS2005 and VS2008 pro
IPP versions: IPP 5.3.1(ia32) and 6.1.1(ia32)

2. laptop
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo CPU
Visual studio: VS2008 pro
IPP versions: IPP 5.3.1(em64t)

I also tried running the generated .exe file under win7's XP SP3 compatibility mode,which resulted the same application error. However,when I copied the .exe file to a XP(x86) machine with similar setup, I could run it without any problem.

I was wondering if anyone has run into similar problem. I would really appreciate if you could share with me your experience, and maybe your solution.

Thank you
Howard
0 Kudos
7 Replies
howardzzh
Beginner

Forgot to mention that I also used OpenCV 1.0 or 1.2 andthey worked fine by themselves.After taking a closer look, I realized that the problemoccurs whenever I use IPP with OpenCV, and it might have something to do with libiomp5md.dll, but I am still stuck here.
0 Kudos
Chao_Y_Intel

Howard,

Some details on the problem (calling stack when code cash, test code, etc)will help to root this problem. We noticed one problem with use OpenCV and IPP.

The application is building with Intel Compiler AND with "OpenMP" switch. When the application load OpenCV library, it may hang when loading IPP DLL. Removing "OpenMP" switch or recompiling the OpenCV library with Intel Compiler can remove this problem.

Thanks,
Chao

0 Kudos
howardzzh
Beginner
Thank you for the suggestion, Chao.it wasactually a mix up on my part, and has little to dowitheither OpenCV or IPP.Aftertracing the dll loading throughDependency Walker, I found that it was due to the systemloading a 64-bit version zlib1.dllwhen it couldn't locate a 32-bit version. The problemwent away once I put in the latest zlib1.dll (32-bit). Now everything works for me. Thanks again.
0 Kudos
adavzlr
Beginner
Hi!!

I'm having the same issue.... where can I find the lastest zlib1.dll?? and where I have to replace it??

Thanks in advance
0 Kudos
msoos
Beginner
I have exactly the same problem. Can you tell me where can I find zlib1.dll (32-bit) and where should I put it??

Thank you in advance
0 Kudos
Chao_Y_Intel

Hello,

The ZLIB site (http://www.zlib.net/) includes the compiled DLL.
I just searched this article. Check if this can help:

http://www.ehow.com/how_5997706_update-zlib1_dll-windows-xp.html

Thanks,
Chao

0 Kudos
msoos
Beginner
I solved it !!

Yes, it is 64bit 32bit conflect, but it is not zlib.dll who caused it.
It is tbb_debug.dll.

cv210d.dll depends on tbb_debug.dll and when my exe loaded 32 bit version of cv210d.dll it loads 64bit version of tbb_debug.dll instead of 32bit version

To solve this I just go to the PATH variable and delete this entries form it: (after delete this entry you will not be able to build OpenCV any more, so keep it in a safe place just in case)

E:\Intel\Compiler\11.1\054\tbb\intel64\vc9\bin
E:\Intel\Compiler\11.1\054\ipp\em64t\bin
%ICPP_COMPILER11%lib\Intel64
E:\Intel\Compiler\11.1\054\mkl\em64t\bin

Now my exe prompet a message says that tbb_debug.dll is not installed, THIS IS EXACTLLY WHAT WE WANT!!
Now just copy tbb_debug.dll from: Intel\Compiler\11.1\054\tbb\ia32\vc9\bin and but it in the same folder as your exe so it can find it.

Now I am working on OpenCV 2.1 with TBB enabled on Windows 7 64 bit finally!!!!
0 Kudos