Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

IPP samples for Mac OS

Alex_Agulyansky
Beginner
Hi all,

I'm quite new in IPP and I'm working on Mac.
I have downloaded sample codes for Mac OS, but they are not working.
Are there any tutorials that can give a good start for IPP under Mac?

Another question I have:
Apply offers several frameworks for app development. Is there any preference of which one of them to use for IPP (for instance: Cocoa or Carbon)

Thanks.
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Chao_Y_Intel

Hello,

The are some get-started document and user manual files at /Documentation folder:

On how to link Intel IPP as Mac, check this article:
http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/intel-integrated-performance-primitives-for-mac-os-how-to-link-to-the-intel-ipp-for-mac-os-x-libraries-in-application/

Also Feel free to share you question here if you get problem...

Intel IPP providessome low level C functions, which can be calledin users' code. Each of the frameworks is fine with Intel IPP.

Thanks,
Chao

0 Kudos
Alex_Agulyansky
Beginner
Quoting - Chao Yu (Intel)

Hello,

The are some get-started document and user manual files at /Documentation folder:

On how to link Intel IPP as Mac, check this article:
http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/intel-integrated-performance-primitives-for-mac-os-how-to-link-to-the-intel-ipp-for-mac-os-x-libraries-in-application/

Also Feel free to share you question here if you get problem...

Intel IPP providessome low level C functions, which can be calledin users' code. Each of the frameworks is fine with Intel IPP.

Thanks,
Chao

Thanks for the link I will read them through.
I'm sure I will post more questions :)
At this point I understood that it is not really important what framework to use to wrap the application and for UI. In any case I can use the functionality of IPP for data manipulation. Am I right?
0 Kudos
Chao_Y_Intel
Quoting - Alex Agulyansky
Thanks for the link I will read them through.
I'm sure I will post more questions :)
At this point I understood that it is not really important what framework to use to wrap the application and for UI. In any case I can use the functionality of IPP for data manipulation. Am I right?

yes, no limitation so far.
0 Kudos
Alex_Agulyansky
Beginner
Perfect, thanks.
0 Kudos