Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.
6712 Discussions

Increase in encoded image size after adding latest ipp patch for zlib library

HemantGoyal
Beginner

Hi, 

I am using zlib library for encoding image. To improve the performance i have been using ipp patch for zlib library. 

But with the latest ipp patch for zlib 1.2.13, I am observing significant increase in the encoded image which was not happening with ipp patch for zlib 1.2.11. 

Please help me understand which changes in latest ipp patch could be resulting in this behavior and is there any way to restore previous behavior. 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
VarshaS_Intel

Hi,

Thanks for posting in Intel Communities.

From the Intel IPP release notes https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/developer/articles/release-notes/release-notes-for-oneapi-integrated-performance-primitives.html

, we could see they have "Added support and optimization for zlib 1.2.13 version in Intel® IPP Data Compression."

>> I am observing significant increase in the encoded image which was not happening with ipp patch for zlib 1.2.11. 

Could you please elaborate on your issue regarding your use case (or any sample reproducer)?

Please let us know the OS details, hardware, and Intel IPP version you are using.

>>which changes in latest ipp patch could be resulting in this behavior

Please let us know what different kinds of results/performance differences you are facing to investigate more on your issue.

Thanks & Regards,

Varsha

0 Kudos
VarshaS_Intel

Hi,

We have not heard back from you. Could you please provide us with the details and update on your issue?

Thanks & Regards,

Varsha

0 Kudos
VarshaS_Intel

Hi,

We have not heard back from you. This thread will no longer be monitored by Intel. If you need additional information, please start a new thread.

Thanks & Regards,

Varsha

0 Kudos