Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

Installation failure on Fedora 9

joffy
Beginner

Trying to evaluate the Primatives on Fedora 9 and I get the "unable to init Trusted Storage" error. Any thoughts?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee
Could you please decsribe what seps you are taking to install IPP on Fedora 9 system? Do you have administrative rights on that system?
Regards,
Vladimir

0 Kudos
joffy
Beginner
Quoting - vdudnik
Could you please decsribe what seps you are taking to install IPP on Fedora 9 system? Do you have administrative rights on that system?
Regards,
Vladimir

Vladimir,

Yes I am attempting to install as root. I run the install shell script and follow the directions to read the license etc. At the installation type I choose evaulate product and then I get the error as described. I have disabled the firewall and SELinux.

Thanks for your help

Jon

0 Kudos
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee

what exact install package do you try to run?

Vladimr

0 Kudos
Nikolay_L_Intel
Employee
Could you attachlog files /tmp/intel.***.log? We'll try to detect a root cause.
As a workaroundyou canmanually installproduct RPM file (//*.rpm): rpm -i rpm_filename

Thank you, - Nikolay

0 Kudos
Michael_H_12
Beginner

Was this ever resolved?  I am installing an evaluation of the latest Linux Intel IPP (8.1.1.174) on a CentOS 6.0 machine and I get the same message ("Unable to init Trusted Storage.  Please contact the support team to resolve this issue").  Note that I am installing on our engineering network, which is not connected to the Internet for security reasons.  Is it possible that the install script is trying to contact the Intel website to verify that I am within my 30 day evaluation?

0 Kudos
Ilya_K_Intel1
Employee

Hi Michael,

Seems this is an environmental problem. It`s not depend from internet connection.

To help us investigate the problem in more details, please, provide us the following information:

- Log file located for default at /tmp . Log file name creates using following mask: intel.pset.'USER'.'HOSTNAME'_'DATE'.log

- Checksums MD5, SHA1 for used archive l_ipp_8.1.1.174.tgz

Best regards, - Ilya

0 Kudos