Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

Intel IPP 7.0 Update 6 is now available

Sridevi_A_Intel
Employee

Version 7.0.6 of the Intel Integrated Performance Primitives (Intel IPP) library is now available. The library is available as a stand-alone product or as a component in Intel Parallel Studio 2011, Intel Parallel Studio XE 2011, Intel C++ Studio XE 2011, Intel Composer XE 2011, and Intel C++ Composer XE 2011. Please visit the Intel Software Evaluation Center to download evaluation versions of these and other Intel software products.

What's New in 7.0.6

• Multiple bug fixes have been incorporated. See the KB article titled Intel IPP 7.0 Library Bug Fixes for details.
  • The ippiDCTFwd_32f_C1R function was threaded for additional performance improvement.
0 Kudos
13 Replies
j_miles
Beginner
The download link for the Windows version (i.e. 7.0.6.278) of the Cryptography Samples is wrong as it points to the Mac OS X version (i.e. 'm_ipp-samples-cryptography_p_7.0.6.046.tgz') instead of the Windows version. The Linux version seems ok and so does the rest of the files (just from the filenames, at least) for both Linux and Windows. I have not checked the Mac version as I currently do not have access to that, but perhaps the two files (for Mac and Windows) were swapped...

Thanks.

- Jay
0 Kudos
Naveen_G_Intel
Employee

Hi Jay,

You are right, thank you.

We will upload right file into registration centre.

Thanks,

Naveen Gv

0 Kudos
j_miles
Beginner
Sounds great, Naveen Gv. Could you please post here when the correct file is available (it is not yet)?

Thanks.

- Jay
0 Kudos
Sridevi_A_Intel
Employee
Hi Jay,

Its corrected.Cryptography samples for windows is now pointing to correct download.Please check it.Sorry for inconvenience.

Thanks,
Sridevi
0 Kudos
j_miles
Beginner
Hi Sridevi,

Yes, indeed it has been corrected now. I downloaded the file and all seems good. Very fast response-time.

Thanks.

- Jay
0 Kudos
Jose_Emmanuel_Montes
0 Kudos
Sridevi_A_Intel
Employee
Emmanuel,

I checked it once again.The links are pointing to correct downloads.Aso, attaching screenshots.Please correctme if i'm missing something.

Thanks,
Sridevi

0 Kudos
Jose_Emmanuel_Montes
Sridevi,

The first time I tried to download (24-01-2012), it was pointing to a bad file, so I searched and found this post, then I played with the download link and found the correct one, thats why I replied.

Anyway, today (15-02-2012) points to the right file.

Thanks,
Emmanuel

0 Kudos
SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II
0 Kudos
j_miles
Beginner
I notice that there has recently been put up a new build of IPP 7.0.6 (i.e. still same version/revision). What's up with this new build - i.e. why has it been made and what is different from the first 7.0.6 build (and why not a new revision number)? For Windows the new build is (7.0.)6.300 where first build was 6.278 - for Linux the new build is 6.293 vs. 6.273 for the first.

I was just wondering as there have not been a formal announcement (that I have seen)...

- Jay
0 Kudos
Ying_S_Intel
Employee

Hi Jay,
Your observation is right, this is the same version, but with different builds in this latest release update in order to coordinate the implementation used in our install. You may check this website to find out release updates for each component included in bundled products.

Hope this clarifies.

Thanks,
Ying

0 Kudos
j_miles
Beginner
Hi Ying,

I am not sure I follow you: The new builds of 7.0.6 are identical to the previous ones except for some installer alignments (e.g. copyright notices to include '2012') due to new releases of the other products in which IPP is bundled?
If that is the case, I find it a somewhat confusing approach having multiple (nearly) identical builds. The fact that builds are identical should also be highlighted/clarified in the documentation and release notes etc.

Thanks for the link. It would be good if the overview also included the build numbers.

Thanks.

- Jay
0 Kudos
Nilesh_T_
Beginner
I am unable to find the cryptography-samples version 7.1 for Linux. I have registered for and could download the l_ipp_em64t_p and l_crypto_ipp_em64t version 7.1. But I am unable to see any direct download link for cryptography-samples version 7.1.
0 Kudos