Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

Intel Samples

shinjite
Beginner
I was wondering when you are going to update your samples - theres a lot of thread crashing code in your umc h264 decoder and encoder.

Also, on another note - There should be a ReleaseInternalBuffers Function so that it releases all buffered frames (GetFrame) so when I close it wont crash. Instead I have to get frame for 0.54 seconds until it unbuffers all frames then close...

This crash may not be noticable when doing numThreads = 1;

Overall just really curious when another sample update will come out :).
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Ying_H_Intel
Employee
Quoting - shinjite
I was wondering when you are going to update your samples - theres a lot of thread crashing code in your umc h264 decoder and encoder.

Also, on another note - There should be a ReleaseInternalBuffers Function so that it releases all buffered frames (GetFrame) so when I close it wont crash. Instead I have to get frame for 0.54 seconds until it unbuffers all frames then close...

This crash may not be noticable when doing numThreads = 1;

Overall just really curious when another sample update will come out :).

Hello shinjie,

We will release a new version (IPP 6.1 update 2)in themonth. Please note the website notification.You are welcomed to try it.

As I knew, there are several bugs fixed in the updaterelated tothe H.264 encoder and decoder. But not sure ifthey address your problem.You mentioned there are a lots of crashing code and may not be noticable when numThreads=1. Do you mean the sample codeathttp://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/getting-started-with-intel-ipp-unified-media-classes-sample/=>simpledecoder.cpp, it is using the numThreads=1.
//usedefaultparamter,threadingnumber=1
  • Params.m_pData=&DataIn;Params.lFlags=0;Params.numThreads=1;
  • The sample can work fine when numThreads=1 and will crash if we change the threads?Could you please provide more details about the crash(likeOS, IPP version,a piece of test bitstreamcan reproduce the crash would be helpfuletc)?

Regards,
    Ying H.

0 Kudos