Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

Logarithm base 10

Andreoli__Carlo
Beginner

In the software i'm actually developing i have to apply a log10(x) to a 16 bit images...from what i have seen the only similar function are:

- ipps10Log10_32s_Sfs ... but it works only on 32bit of information

- ippiLn_ this sound good(natural log) and i can apply log10(x)=loge(x)/loge(10) ...but still i'm not totally stasfied

It's a common use on image processing to do something like c*logb(X) where c and b are variables.
I have miss some function to implement this function?
Can i expect a future implementation on this?

Sorry for my bad english,

Mr. Andreoli Carlo

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Artem_V_Intel
Employee

Hello Mr. Carlo,

Could you please specify how many color channels your image have? Is it a right understanding that you have one color channel images with 16-bit unsigned pixel values?

In this case you may use for instance ippiConvert_16u32f_C1R function to convert your data in format appropriate for ipps10Log10_32s_Sfs function. After that you should use ippiConvert_32f16u_C1R function.

Thanks,

Art

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Artem_V_Intel
Employee

Hello Mr. Carlo,

Could you please specify how many color channels your image have? Is it a right understanding that you have one color channel images with 16-bit unsigned pixel values?

In this case you may use for instance ippiConvert_16u32f_C1R function to convert your data in format appropriate for ipps10Log10_32s_Sfs function. After that you should use ippiConvert_32f16u_C1R function.

Thanks,

Art

0 Kudos
Andreoli__Carlo
Beginner
Of course you are right, my image is one channel 16 bit....i surely will follow your suggestion...still it will get 3 passage before i get my final result...but by now i think it's the only way i can follow...
thanks Artem Vorobiev

0 Kudos