Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

MJPEG decoder crash

dchris
Beginner
Hello again,

Once again, I'm sending a video stream over an unreliable stream in which bit errors and packet loss can be introduced. I have already made some modifications to the MJPEG decoder to deal with some problems that I've found, however I have encountered a problem I haven't been able to solve. The jpeg decoder is crashing in the call to ippiDecodeHuffman8x8_JPEG_1u16s_C1 in the function DecodeHuffmanMCURowBL. I have attached a copy of the stream that crashes the decoder. I was able to reproduce the problem by modifying the UMC MJPEG decoder sample found in the UMC documentation found in the audio-video-codecs/doc folder of the samples to play a raw MJPEG stream. Do you have any suggestions of what can be done to prevent the decoder from crashing? Thank you,

Derek
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee

Hello,

I was not able to reproduce that issue with JPEGView sample. It is able to decode at least the first frame (there are probably three frames, but JPEGView will not read others as it expect just usual JPEG file). Could you please share your example which does not work?

Regards,
Vladimir

0 Kudos
dchris
Beginner
Here is the modified version of the UMC samples umc_mjpeg_dec to play a raw MJPEG stream. You will just need to link it with the UMC libraries to run it.

Derek
0 Kudos