Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

MPEG-4 information extarction

Heidarian
Beginner
Dear friends

I want to extract some information of Mpeg-4 videos like motion vectors,dct coefficients, manipulate and then replace them in the bit-stream.
I want to know which example I should start to working on:
1)...\audio-video-codecs\application\simple_player
2)...\audio-video-codecs\codec\mpeg4_dec
3)...\audio-video-codecs\application\umc_video_enc_con

Please help, I have read UMC manual and also IPP reference manual Vol.2 (MPEG4 sections) but I am still confused with these examples, and do not know where to start!!

Thanks in advance.
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee
Hello,

it would be naturally to start from looking at MPEG4 decoder in whatever sample application it is. You may need to know atechnical detailsprovided byMPEG4 standard to be able to extract info you are looking for.

Regards,
Vladimir
0 Kudos
Heidarian
Beginner
Hello,

it would be naturally to start from looking at MPEG4 decoder in whatever sample application it is. You may need to know a technical details provided by MPEG4 standard to be able to extract info you are looking for.

Regards,
Vladimir

Dear Vladimir

Thanks for reply,
There is an example in UMC manual (example 4.55, MPEG4 Decoder), does this example depend on "...audio-video-codecscodecmpeg4_dec" example. In other word if I want to extract mentioned information (MVs, DCT Coef. and etc.), can I modify "mpeg4_dec" example to return such info and use the UMC (example 4.55, MPEG4 Decoder) at higher level? Or "mpeg4_dec" example could be run independently (there is no main() function in this example)?

Excuse me if this is a newbie question!

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Chao_Y_Intel

Hi,

example 4.55 depends on audio-video-codecscodecmpeg4_dec. mpeg4_dec provide some low level implementation on MPEG4 decoder. "example 4.55" is the sample code on getting the video frames by using mpeg4_dec. Figure 2-1 in UMC manual may provide some help to understand the UMC structure.

Thanks,
Chao

0 Kudos