Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

Missing DLLS headache

secondmouse
Beginner
I am not an IPP developer, just trying to run an application from a hardware vender that uses (apparantly) the version 5 IPP libraries. When the app is launched, it complains about missing IPP-5.1.dll (and possibly others), so I assume this is version 5. Thus far, the manufacturer is puzzled (their focus is H/W, not S/W) and hasn't offered an explanation so I went looking for the DLL and ended up here. I know the correct answer is to keep badgering the manufacturer to deploy a version that runs, but I was hoping to find version 5 and make progress myself, soon. The application is a data conversion program that I need to use only once. Any help regarding v 5 distribution DLLs would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Dave
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee
Hi Dave,

it might be when install program from your software vendor do not set up PATH environment variable to IPP DLLs. Could you please look for IPP DLLs in your whole hard drive, might be just setting up correct environment will solve your problem.

Regards,
Vladimir
0 Kudos
shyaki
Beginner
Quoting - secondmouse
I am not an IPP developer, just trying to run an application from a hardware vender that uses (apparantly) the version 5 IPP libraries. When the app is launched, it complains about missing IPP-5.1.dll (and possibly others), so I assume this is version 5. Thus far, the manufacturer is puzzled (their focus is H/W, not S/W) and hasn't offered an explanation so I went looking for the DLL and ended up here. I know the correct answer is to keep badgering the manufacturer to deploy a version that runs, but I was hoping to find version 5 and make progress myself, soon. The application is a data conversion program that I need to use only once. Any help regarding v 5 distribution DLLs would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Dave

you just simply copy all the ipp*.dll to the folder of your application.
0 Kudos
secondmouse
Beginner
Quoting - shyaki

you just simply copy all the ipp*.dll to the folder of your application.

That is the plan, but my problem is finding the version 5 IPP dlls. The package I downloaded from this site and installed was version 6, and the needed DLLs for version 5 were not included. I need the set of DLLs (I do not know yet how many) for version 5 - they are all named differently, i.e.there is a "5" in the names of the DLLs for version 5 and a "6" in the names for version 6.

Thanks
0 Kudos
Chao_Y_Intel
Quoting - secondmouse

That is the plan, but my problem is finding the version 5 IPP dlls. The package I downloaded from this site and installed was version 6, and the needed DLLs for version 5 were not included. I need the set of DLLs (I do not know yet how many) for version 5 - they are all named differently, i.e.there is a "5" in the names of the DLLs for version 5 and a "6" in the names for version 6.

Thanks

If you login into registraction center:
https://registrationcenter.intel.com

Select "Intel Integrated Performance Primitives for Windows*" products,
Then, check "Select other packages from the dropdown menu"

You can download some IPP 5.x packages.

Thanks,
Chao
0 Kudos