Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.
6712 Discussions

Missing ippcore.h and other include files required by IPP sample code.

Greg_Hata
Beginner
I'd like to run some of the IPP sample code provided by Intel, but am running into compile errors because certain header files, such as ippcore.h and ippvc.h, cannot be found. I've got the IPP libraries(the commercial version, not the free evaluation) but don't see the problematic .h files anywhere.I see others have had similar problems if they hadn't yet installed the free eval version of IPP before attempting to run the examples. Do I need to install that version in addition to the commercial IPP I've already got in order for the sample code to compile?
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Ying_S_Intel
Employee
Quoting - Greg Hata
I'd like to run some of the IPP sample code provided by Intel, but am running into compile errors because certain header files, such as ippcore.h and ippvc.h, cannot be found. I've got the IPP libraries(the commercial version, not the free evaluation) but don't see the problematic .h files anywhere.I see others have had similar problems if they hadn't yet installed the free eval version of IPP before attempting to run the examples. Do I need to install that version in addition to the commercial IPP I've already got in order for the sample code to compile?

You need to get Intel IPP libraires installed in order to build these Intel IPP Samples.

Intel IPP 6.0 is available via http://www.intel.com/software/products/ipp
You can also participate the Intel C++Compiler Processional Edition 11.0 via http://www.intel.com/software/products/compilers where Intel IPP 60 is also included.

Hope it helps.
Thanks,
Ying
0 Kudos
Greg_Hata
Beginner
Quoting - YING S (Intel)
Quoting - Greg Hata

You need to get Intel IPP libraires installed in order to build these Intel IPP Samples.

Intel IPP 6.0 is available via http://www.intel.com/software/products/ipp
You can also participate the Intel C++Compiler Processional Edition 11.0 via http://www.intel.com/software/products/compilers where Intel IPP 60 is also included.

Hope it helps.
Thanks,
Ying

I've already got the commercial Intel IPP libraries(for Linux)installed on my Linux machine, but thereseem to be some include files(ippcore.h, for example)missing.Early this morningI downloaded and installedthe free eval IPP package for Windows to my Windows machine and saw that the Windows free eval version does, in fact, contain the missing header files. So either these headerfiles are contained in IPP forWindows but not IPP forLinux(even though the Linux code examples need them), or the free evaluation version of IPP has files that the commercial version of IPP lacks. I will hopefully be able to install the free eval IPP package for Linux soon and willsee if it has the files I need.
0 Kudos
Greg_Hata
Beginner
Quoting - Greg Hata

I've already got the commercial Intel IPP libraries(for Linux)installed on my Linux machine, but thereseem to be some include files(ippcore.h, for example)missing.Early this morningI downloaded and installedthe free eval IPP package for Windows to my Windows machine and saw that the Windows free eval version does, in fact, contain the missing header files. So either these headerfiles are contained in IPP forWindows but not IPP forLinux(even though the Linux code examples need them), or the free evaluation version of IPP has files that the commercial version of IPP lacks. I will hopefully be able to install the free eval IPP package for Linux soon and willsee if it has the files I need.

Update: After downloading the free eval version of IPPI found the header files missing from the commercial version of IPP. I copied those files to my ipp include directory and modified ippdefs.h, since the free eval version of that file is different from the commercial version. No missing file errors are reported nowwhen I compile the IPP example code though I don't think the examples are building quite correctly. I guess the free evaluation IPP package is needed to run the IPP samples even if the actual commercial version is already installed. Hopefully I can find out what's going wrong with the build process.
0 Kudos
Ying_S_Intel
Employee
Can you point out what exact IPP Linux download package?

Thanks,
Ying
0 Kudos
Ying_S_Intel
Employee

Thanks,
Ying
0 Kudos
Ying_S_Intel
Employee

Thanks,
Ying
0 Kudos