Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.
6704 Discussions

Motion Estimation and Compensation examples/manual for H.264 in IPP

sasishiju
Beginner
By going through the UMC reference manual, I couldn't find any example on using the advance features such as I Frame/B Frame/P Frame, Slices etc. Could you please direct me to appropriate manual describing the interface/examples to incorporate these features in my program? The current sample codes encodes buffer by buffer. There is no clue on how the state information of Motion Estimation parameters are managed by UMC.

Could you please give us insight into this, which is very essential for us to design our Multimedia conferencing product?
Thanks in advance,
Shiju
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Chao_Y_Intel

Shiju,

It may need some information on "using the advance features such as I Frame/B Frame/P Frame", How do you want to use them?

and it need to clarify on "state information of Motion Estimation parameters"? The encoding parameters provides some setting on ME method, search block ranges (search x,search_y).

Thanks,
Chao

0 Kudos
sasishiju
Beginner

Shiju,

It may need some information on "using the advance features such as I Frame/B Frame/P Frame", How do you want to use them?

and it need to clarify on "state information of Motion Estimation parameters"? The encoding parameters provides some setting on ME method, search block ranges (search x,search_y).

Thanks,
Chao

Chao,

My question on State information of Motion Estimation parameter is described using an exmple below.

Suppose, the encoding has to happen for 100 frames. Client wants to have one I frame for a set of 20 frames, followed by another I frame for the next 20 frames and so on. Once application sets the parameters and "Init" the decoder, the UMC codec is all responsible for identifying the frames as P/I etc within each set of 20 frames. From the application point of view, it has to call "GetFrame", nothing else. Is this a correct understanding?

Could you please guide me to the efficiency (space) of the encoding process ? When I encode and check the "DataSize" of the DataOut, it is way too low compared to the buffer size. Any rough guess what could have gone wrong?

0 Kudos
Chao_Y_Intel

Hi,

>>the UMC codec is all responsible for identifying the frames as P/I etc within each set of 20 frames.

It is correct. You can use the GetFrameType() in the output media data to know each frame type.

>> for the bit rates, it is controlled by Params.info.bitrate. Notes it is bits per seconds (not bytes). Also it is average values from multiples frames. It does not mean each frame will have exact size of that value.

Thanks,
Chao

0 Kudos